Stacking With Acrylic Separators Questions

Decorating By deetmar Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 7:41pm by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 3

I have been getting several of the UK wedding cake magazines, and I see that they use the acrylic separators to stack their cakes. I am wondering if anybody knows how to do this, how you know which tiers will hold how much cake, is there is any information on how to do this, where to purchase them in in the U.S., and just about anything you can tell me on how they do this.

Usually I do a normal stack on my wedding cakes, but I am ready for something different. Any clues, or ideas?

Thanks

2 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:58am
post #2 of 3

I had someone local make me some acrylic (perspex) stands. They work great and I now use them like you in the US use SPS.
I've staked a 4 tier fruit cake using them and the cake travelled 3 hours without moving an inch!

Mine are just round disks with 10cm(4") legs attached. This I just sink into the cake add a small amount of RI to the top and place the other cake on. Then pipe my border in RI and is ready to go! I also got him to make me some with longer legs so I can have the pillar effect

HTH

Image[/img]

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 3

That is really cool! So you asked someone to make that for you? I would love to have the square boxes that they sit inbetween tiers, and I see that the put flowers and other things in them too, I just can figure out how they sit on the cake, and don't flatten it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%