Will This Cake Be Ok?

Decorating By Jennzoe333 Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm by Kitagrl

Jennzoe333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennzoe333 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 3

So my neighbors REALLY want me to their only child's first birthday cake next weekend. I was totally excited about doing it until I realized we are going out of town for Thanksgiving and leaving on Tuesday evening.. They still want me to do it before we go BUT, they want red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. If I put this cake together Tuesday afternoon, box it up tight, and put it in my fridge on the coldest setting, will it be ok for them to just come over and get it Saturday morning? They are taking care of my cat anyway while I'm gone! I would HATE to give friends (or anyone for that matter) a yucky cake, but usually when I decorate for a weekend cake, I bake on Tuesdays and put together on Wednesday or Thursday anyway. I just need reassurance that this cake will be ok!

Thanks guys!

2 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 3

I haven't had to do anything like this, but I know opened cream cheese stays good in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. I think it'll be fine, but some pros might want to weigh in on this. bump!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 3

Yeah it will be fine! Just have them eat it at room temp and it will be nice and moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%