Sweet Tables

Business By chocoladax Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm by sweetcravings

chocoladax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocoladax Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 15

I have a bride who wants a sweet table for her wedding. This will include a 2-tier (6" and 8" round) wedding cake plus mini-desserts which include 4 x 6" dessert cakes, brownies, mini cheesecakes, mini cupcakes and cake balls. There will be 200 guests in her wedding.

This is going to be my biggest order so far.

My concern is how much mini desserts should I make for each type?

Thank you all in advance.

~~~maria~~~

14 replies
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 15

That depends on the time of the reception and what food is being served.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 15

Also depends on what she wants.
Does she want one of each thing for each guest??

chocoladax Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 15

Thanks for the quick replies.

Dinner is buffet style. And these mini desserts will be served/displayed on a separate dessert table before midnight. Something that the guests can munch while dancing the night away.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 15

If it's going to be presented close to midnight, after dancing the night away, I'm assuming lots of alcohol consumption by then ... sweets and alcohol don't mix very well.

I'd figure 3, maybe 4 pieces/servings per person. If this was the only food, I'd say 6-7 per person, but even figuring 4 per person is guessing high.

chocoladax Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 15

I talked to the bride last night and she said that there will be assorted fruits, caramel flans and mini rice cakes as well. There won't be much booze though according to her.

So since she wanted to have a variety of desserts on the table, it will be like a buffet style, too, where any one can choose whatever they want to eat. She then decided to have 1-2 pieces/person after also realizing that it will cost her more to get lots for each different dessert types.

Anyway, I enjoyed dealing with her, very pleasant and easy to get along with.
This is the first time I'm doing a sweet table and I am so excited.

Thanks everyone especially indydebi for your advise. You are our shining star here at cc!

~maria~

indydebi Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladax

This is the first time I'm doing a sweet table and I am so excited.

They really are fun! You can do so much with presentation, too! Check out my Flickr site and see what we did with Crudite Cups and Shrimp Shots .... mirrors and glass blocks make great display stands. etc.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 15

One of my favorite sites is a woman called Amy Atlas. Her dessert tables are absolutely fantastic. You should check her site if you need set-up inspiration.

olukad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olukad Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:07am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

One of my favorite sites is a woman called Amy Atlas. Her dessert tables are absolutely fantastic. You should check her site if you need set-up inspiration.

Thanks indydebi and Mensch. shall be trying out some of these ideas for a dessert table soon

indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:18am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Wow, those were some really great photos! I love the color themes that are carried thru even to the wall hanging behind the table! Thanks for sharing!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:54am
post #11 of 15

You're welcome. She's fantastically creative.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:25pm
post #12 of 15

I would definately figure more than one pp.

Jen icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #13 of 15

Oh my! I could spend hours looking at those pics on Amy Atlas's site. They are absolutely stunning! There are some fantasitic ideas. Good luck with your dessert table!

eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 4:19pm
post #14 of 15

wow I LOVE that Amy Atlas site! What an inspiration!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm
post #15 of 15

Mensch..thanks for sharing that website...fantastic!!!! Her displays are so wonderfully colorful and beautiful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%