What Type Of Frosting Do You Use For Your Cakes?

Decorating By Mikeray Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm by Lita829

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:09am
post #31 of 37

I love to use chocolate fondant and ganache underneath.

hulajenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hulajenny Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:02pm
post #32 of 37

I'm looking for a good cream cheese buttercream recipe. Anyone by chance know the Cream Cheese Buttercream recipe by Toba Garrett?

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm
post #33 of 37

I use Sugarshack's BC icing, and fondant (whether MMF or SI...I have yet to try MFF).

I also want to start using ganache.

flourgirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgirlz Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:22pm
post #34 of 37

Leslie2748, what is the recipe for your IMBC, if you don't mind sharing?!

maddie90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddie90 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #35 of 37

I use the Neoclassic Buttercream from the Cake Bible. Oh so good......

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:13pm
post #36 of 37

I have my own meringue based buttercream that uses real butter and hi ratio shortening. It is DIVINE...LOL! It pipes amazingly too, but never crusts due to the meringue, but personally don't like the taste of crusting buttercreams, they are too sweet for me, that is just my personal preference. I use my BC as a base for my creamcheese icing and my chocolate buttercream icing. For the 3 different fudge cakes that I make one is a chocolate ganache left to room temp then whipped to make it similar to the canned fudge icings - but WAY better! the other one gets a choc buttercream crumb coat and has the poured ganache over it, the third is my grandmother's chocolate soda fudge cake which calls for real fudge to be made then poured over the cake and allowed to cool to a firm fudge just like you would make and cut into small cubes to eat by itself...YUMMO! For fondant I exclusively use Fondarific brand fondant. I absolutely love the stuff!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I have my own meringue based buttercream that uses real butter and hi ratio shortening. It is DIVINE...LOL! It pipes amazingly too, but never crusts due to the meringue, but personally don't like the taste of crusting buttercreams, they are too sweet for me, that is just my personal preference. I use my BC as a base for my creamcheese icing and my chocolate buttercream icing. For the 3 different fudge cakes that I make one is a chocolate ganache left to room temp then whipped to make it similar to the canned fudge icings - but WAY better! the other one gets a choc buttercream crumb coat and has the poured ganache over it, the third is my grandmother's chocolate soda fudge cake which calls for real fudge to be made then poured over the cake and allowed to cool to a firm fudge just like you would make and cut into small cubes to eat by itself...YUMMO! For fondant I exclusively use Fondarific brand fondant. I absolutely love the stuff!

Your cakes sound like they taste AMAZING!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%