Problem With Satin Ice Fondant...

Decorating By therese379 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm by Kitagrl

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 5

Just received satin ice fondant... taste's great.. rolled out some to practice my roses(DUFF) and they were rock hard within 8-10 hours.... How am i ever going to cover a cake for a wedding that has to sit on a table 6-8 hours uncovered..... What's the trick??? any help will do... icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 5

That's weird. I mean it does harden up a little bit. But it should still be soft enough to eat since it's going on the cake. I've never had any trouble with it before.

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 5

hmmmm....strange! I haven't been working with it for that long, but I just ate some leaves made from Satin Ice (with a little Tylose) a month ago. They were hardened, but not so that you couldn't eat them easily. And I live in a very dry climate.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 5

When you cover your cake with the fondant, the moisture of the bc and cake will help keep the fondant from getting "rock hard". It will still get firm, but not hard.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 5

I love how it gets hard quickly for decorations. It won't get that hard on the cake though. Just a bit dry on the outside but definitely easy to cut through.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%