Shipping A Cake

Decorating By ElegantOccasions Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 1:03pm by ElegantOccasions

ElegantOccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElegantOccasions Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all: My daughter is a High School teacher in NYC. She has a book club among er students. I need to send her a New Moon Cake, so that she can receive it tomorrow. She's taking her students to see the movie tomorrow night. It's a small cake the size of the book. I need to know how to do this. She doesn't care if the cake gets a little damaged, she just wants to surprise and treat her students before the movie. HELP, PLEASE.
Thank you, Wendy

2 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 3

Not many people here on CC have had great success shipping a cake. I could give you a list of forums that have covered that topic in the past (--most of them are listed under "Cake Disasters.) However, you have a time crunch if you need to do something overnight, so that might reading be better left to later.

IF you really feel you have to send this, and since it is small and book-sized. My suggestion would be to wrap it in bubble wrap, multiple times, place it inside another box, and and sandwich it between layers of foam peanuts inside a bigger box. Overnight shipping is very expensive. And please don't think if you write "This side up" and "fragile" on the box it will matter to the handlers. My son works for a large shipping company and I'd hate to tell you what he witnesses.

Good luck should you choose to take this course. Let us know how it turned out!

ElegantOccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElegantOccasions Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 3

Win:
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I shipped the cake via FEDEX. Arrived beautifully, but it was very expensive. Still cheaper than having it made in NY though. Thank you so much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%