Decorating By jammjenks Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 1:40am by Nadiaa

allgoodthings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allgoodthings Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 9:15pm
post #91 of 104

AThank you!!

flower7779 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flower7779 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:30pm
post #92 of 104

Yor job is wonderful, the last year, I read a comment that the rolled paint was bad for the health, do yo know about that?

skyy815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skyy815 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 8:25pm
post #93 of 104

ok, might be a dumb question but do you have to do anything to keep the colors from spreading when you use the roller?

Gram22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gram22 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 9:52pm
post #94 of 104

AI just made the camo cake for a birthday a couple of weeks ago - first try - and it turned out perfectly! I was quite pleased since I had no 'plan b'. Just use light pressure and you should have no problem. It flattens and smooths the buttercream without sticking to roller or spreading. Thanks to CC for sharing that tutorial - so easy, and actually fun!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 4:52pm
post #95 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram22 

I just made the camo cake for a birthday a couple of weeks ago - first try - and it turned out perfectly! I was quite pleased since I had no 'plan b'. Just use light pressure and you should have no problem. It flattens and smooths the buttercream without sticking to roller or spreading. Thanks to CC for sharing that tutorial - so easy, and actually fun!

Welcome to CC!  Your post is positively pleasant to read... so nice.  It's good to know you're having fun (a nice change from so many negative threads)... keep having fun!  I enjoy reading about successes, and I'm glad it worked out for you!!!!

elda76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elda76 Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 6:31am
post #96 of 104

Thanks so much for the tutorial. Just got a order for Wednesday for a camo cake

RGMSPM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RGMSPM Posted 21 May 2013 , 11:14pm
post #97 of 104

Thank you so much for posting your camo cake.  I need to do one for someones birthday and this is perfect.  Thank you again, Rhonda!

RGMSPM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RGMSPM Posted 21 May 2013 , 11:15pm
post #98 of 104

Thank you so much for posting your camo cake.  I need to do one for someones birthday and this is perfect.  Thank you again, Rhonda!

Lovebug20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovebug20 Posted 30 May 2013 , 4:50pm
post #99 of 104

That's awesome! I have been trying to figure out how I was going to do a camo design in buttercream. This helped me so much! I'll post a pic when I'm done :)

nanachelle71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanachelle71 Posted 5 Sep 2013 , 7:07am
post #100 of 104

Ok I need to know what you put on there as crumb cake? sounds like a dumb question, but I am very new to this. I am assuming it's crumbled up cake pieces and I wanted to know why this step is necessary and does it not effect the frosting for the camo look?  I am making my daughter a 2 tier one for her 21st birthday, so the more info I have the better. Thanks

dash412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dash412 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 6:05pm
post #101 of 104

What colors did you use?

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 6:14pm
post #102 of 104

"crumb cake" is actually called crumb coat- it is a thin layer of frosting that you spread on and let sit for a few minutes to crust before you do your final icing. It keeps the crumbs from getting into your final frosting coat.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 1:37am
post #103 of 104

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammjenks 

I had to do a camouflage (sp?) pattern today on part of a cake, so I thought I'd take pictures along the way. I see a lot of posts asking how to do camo in bc and I thought it may help someone else to see a visual.

Hope you understand what I mean in the pictures. Sometimes I don't excel at explaining myself.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LLLL

Oh Bing Bang Boom, I tried out the foam paint roller today and it's an A+     ;-D

There are a few things that I learned:  It picked up little bits of dry icing and carried it on the pad so I had to shake it off, or it would be dropped on a different color.  I could have used the paint roller years ago.

Camo cake with Mallard Duck molded in fondant.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 1:40am
post #104 of 104

That is a very cool trick!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%