Vista Print Website For Cake Business........

Business By Mindy1975 Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 4:20am by watertown

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 16

Hey gals,
I'm ready to take the next step and create a website. I like getting things printed from Vista Print and notice they have the offer for a website. I was wondering if any of you use their services and if you like it. I am also wondering what other website services are out there and how much they cost. I thought I have read about a few on here that were only around $4.99 a month, but that makes me wonder how much info you can put on your website! lol Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

15 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 16

My webdesigner offers space and also is very reasonable for creating professional websites for you. His family is a good friend of mine.

http://4joystech.com/

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 16

GoDaddy's website designer is $4.99/mo for the basic one. It's actually less if you sign up for more than 3 months.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 16

I had Vista Print, for about three months, the first month was free and I paid for two months then cancel, I had the $20 Plan, I really never used it, Guess I was not ready. I started with another company, that was referred to me, called 1 and 1.com, it is free for 1 year, and I have not used it yet either, I wanted to carry over my name that I used with Vista Print, and they told me that I have to pay, even though it was my name, they own the hosting for a year, so I am watching this topic with you, because I am thinking about switching back, just to use my Business name, I already have it printed on my business cards, and I bought the cards, from Vista Print.

Mark-Mexicano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark-Mexicano Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 16

I was Wondering the same thing Im looking at go-daddy and vista print. I am leaning more to vista print because you pay monthly at 4.99. Go daddy you pay upfront for 3-months (the shortest plan) at 4.99 or a year at 4.49 (there are longer plans also) but the thing I like about vista print is you can cancel it anytime. Which to me is a good thing because im not sure if it will get me much business.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 16

I use VistaPrint for my website. I have the plan that is 19.97 per month and this includes the hosting as well. I like the fact that I can change up everything, add pictures, pages, etc., whenever I feel like it. I've been very happy with VistaPrint.

I was with GoDaddy at first and I just couldn't figure everything out. But that's just me, I know people who use GoDaddy and are very happy with them.

HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 16

I have two of my websites on GoDFaddy and have been quite pleased. I also have a site on web.com, but that's more expensive. I needed more bells and whistles for that site. For a basic 5 page website, GoDaddy is hard to beat. And your domain name is free.

These days you have to have a website. And it may take more than 3 months to get it fully spidered and indexed.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:33am
post #8 of 16

OK...What is spidered and indexed???? icon_confused.gif Do you have any control over how easily your site comes up during a search on, say-Google??

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarspice

OK...What is spidered and indexed???? icon_confused.gif Do you have any control over how easily your site comes up during a search on, say-Google??

There are definitely some ways to do help your name pop up. Google has some free tools or something to help out. I don't know anymore about it than that. But I'm sure someone on here can tell you how to do it.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 16

No offense to anyone with Vistaprint, but I'm not a huge fan of them b/c it's the same template. I know I'm a nerd (I so love technology), but I don't like templates you can't personalize very much. I know my site is a template, but I'm customized it quite a bit to fit my needs.

Also I use Yahoo Small Business. It's like $35 for 3 months - I LOVE IT! They have templates and others tools for EASY ways to set up a site.

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:24pm
post #11 of 16

I just start to work on website at wix.com it looks very professional and easy to use. I also like weebly.com
I am not huge fan of vistaprint websites, I think it looks too simple and homemade.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 16

I use Yahoo and LOVE IT! Very reasonable rates for all that you get.

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm
post #13 of 16

hello there,

I use go daddy and love it, I am not computer savvy and found it very easy to use their template, has good memory space etc. Also- side note I too was uncertain if I would generate enough business to even spend the time or money on a site but it was well worth it. Advice would be google search cakes and whatever state you are in, whatever "wedding/party guide websites pop up first go ahead and see if they offer free advertising. I did that and have received tons of traffic becuase the site has a link that directs right to my site. Most customers want to see lots of examples of your work and a site is the easiest way to do this

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 12:13am
post #14 of 16

I use Vistaprint because I just don't have the time/expertise to design my own & overall, I am happy with them. There are some definite drawbacks - you can't use any html of your own, you are restricted to a few basic layouts, etc.

They added some cool photo tools (slideshow, thumnails, etc) so I still remain happy with them.

Although anyone with a background in html would take one look at it and laugh, lol. Oh well, icon_smile.gif - that doesn't really bother me since it is so easy to use and change/tinker with. (adjusting prices, flavors, new contact info).

The other nifty feature is it allows you to upload previously purchased documents so the holiday flyer I made can be uploaded to the 'Holiday" page without having to re-type everything.

Kinda funny but I just hooked up with this grocery store and they put me in contact with their internet guru..... he takes one look at the site and proceeds to tell me 'When you're ready for a real website, give me a call.'

I called him something really mean in my head.....rhymes with swoosh-lag. icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 2:38am
post #15 of 16

I use VP too. I've been very pleased with anything I've ever bought through them, including the site. I use it for a gallery and information. Period.

Where I am, I am the only caker in my whole county to have a website. Therefore, I have the best one around. icon_biggrin.gif

watertown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
watertown Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 4:20am
post #16 of 16

I use webs.com. They are free and very easy to use. It is a template, but for a small business it is just fine. I have used it for several months and have no complaints.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%