pattycakescookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakescookies Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #31 of 43

The least expensive place I have seen the boxes are here:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00888486000P?keyword=tea+box

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:13pm
post #32 of 43

wow, that is cheap....everywhere I'm seeing them online they're closer to $50.00 each!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:16pm
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulia

hi
this is really beautiful
can you tell me which store you bought the wooden tea box
i live in den haag and have mainly seen the metal tea tins

thanks so much
sulia

I would almost put money on this coming from Xenos, they do a lovely selection of wooden (tea) boxes! In fact, we will be in town tomorrow for the Sinterklaas intocht, so I will look! We should get together and talk cake sometime (I live in The Hague too) thumbs_up.gif !

sulia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sulia Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 6:09pm
post #34 of 43

hi there 'MikeRowesHunny'

thanks for that - will also check out xenos. would love to get together to talk cake (more like gripe about the lack of stuff here!!!)
i live in leidschendam but i'll pm you so we can plan to meet...

kwebbeltje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwebbeltje Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:22pm
post #35 of 43
Quote:

hi
this is really beautiful
can you tell me which store you bought the wooden tea box
i live in den haag and have mainly seen the metal tea tins

thanks so much
sulia

i bought it at the action store, but you can also try a xenos, good luck!

kwebbeltje Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

just curious, how much do you sell them for??? I'm thinking in the US you could easily get $20.00 for 6 cupcakes like that (probably more than that, but I normally charge $1.00 each for those cupcakes....so i'm guessing you could charge 3 X's your normal cost with a box like that to put them in!)

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!

i usualy charge 1 euro for a cc. i charge 25 euro for a handpainted giftbox incl. the cc. the teabox unpainted cost 2-3 euro's a piece

kwebbeltje Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:34pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:

thanks for that - will also check out xenos. would love to get together to talk cake (more like gripe about the lack of stuff here!!!)

hi there girls in holland, you only live 10-15 minutes away from me. just look for an action store or a xenos store. they are very cheap. i give painting workshops if you want to. i charge 25euro p.p. excl. the item to paint. if you can read dutch join www.deleukstetaarten.nl it is a very lovelysite for cakedecorating and inspiration (sorry for the poor english, bacardi speaking over here icon_redface.gif , it's been a hard day at work 12,5 hours) perhaps a caketalk in zoetermeer? I would like that someday thumbs_up.gif

cookiesnspiders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesnspiders Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:49pm
post #38 of 43

love it !

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:25pm
post #39 of 43

Two years ago, Bed, Bath and Beyond had a nice sized tea box with teas for $20. No idea if they have them this year, but they had plenty left the day after Christmas for 50% off!

kwebbeltje Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:56am
post #40 of 43
Quote:

I beleve there is no lack of cakestuff here. just look at the right places icon_wink.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:54am
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

Two years ago, Bed, Bath and Beyond had a nice sized tea box with teas for $20. No idea if they have them this year, but they had plenty left the day after Christmas for 50% off!

They do have them online, but they are now $40. May be a different one though.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:56am
post #42 of 43

Here you go everyone. $9.99 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HYYUOY/?tag=cakecentral-20

sulia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sulia Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:53am
post #43 of 43

sulia wrote:

hi there girls in holland, you only live 10-15 minutes away from me. just look for an action store or a xenos store. they are very cheap. i give painting workshops if you want to. i charge 25euro p.p. excl. the item to paint. if you can read dutch join www.deleukstetaarten.nl it is a very lovelysite for cakedecorating and inspiration (sorry for the poor english, bacardi speaking over here Embarassed , it's been a hard day at work 12,5 hours) perhaps a caketalk in zoetermeer? I would like that someday Thumbs Up!

hi there

thanks for the info - will check out those stores - will pm you about those painting classes and cake talk in zoetermeer. take care.sulia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%