Why I Will Never Be A Cake Snob

Decorating By CeeTee Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 12:56am by jlsheik

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 10:30pm
post #31 of 34

Well if it's something you honestly don't like or you politely turn it down that's one thing! But trashing someone else's baking or disrespecting it for no good reason is another. Like, if someone makes you chocolate chip cookies knowing you like them, and you trash them (either to their face or behind their backs) just because they don't make their cookies the exact same way you do, I think that's snobby and rude.

The way I was raised was, if someone goes through the trouble to give you a gift you should still appreciate the thought behind it, even if you don't like what you were given. If it's food, barring life-threatening allergies, you have at least a piece of it in order to show gratitude and thanks. To do otherwise is disrespectful, and well, snobby. It's probably different for other people, but that's how it is with my family and where I'm from.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 10:39pm
post #32 of 34

Oh yeah, that's just being a straight up fake bitch! I'm thinking along the lines of my very sweet 99 year old nieghbor who loooves to give us candy...and she was a young woman during the depression...so she SAVES everything...the candy of Christmas's gone. I take it, say thank you, and toss it in the trash. I just love her to death though & really miss her. She has been staying with her daughter as she had a fall last month.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 12:35am
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee

Well if it's something you honestly don't like or you politely turn it down that's one thing! But trashing someone else's baking or disrespecting it for no good reason is another. Like, if someone makes you chocolate chip cookies knowing you like them, and you trash them (either to their face or behind their backs) just because they don't make their cookies the exact same way you do, I think that's snobby and rude.

Well who the heck would dis you to your face because you gave them cookies? I'm sure there are people who would do that, but I don't know any of them. Just say thank you, then eat them or don't.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 12:56am
post #34 of 34

I proudly state...I am a cake SNOB. I believe that what goes out MY shop door must be the best.

BUT at this point in my busy life....I would love it, if anyone other than ME would bake ME a cake.

Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%