What Is It With (Rant Sorry)

Decorating By mommicakes Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm by tootie0809

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 10

stupid wilton boxes anyway????
icon_mad.giftapedshut.gif

I am so ticked I can't see straight. I bought the wilton sheet cake box at walmart yesterday to use for a delivery tomorrow, put the cakes on the board, tried to slide the board into the box, and the stupid sides are bowing out and not fitting the boards inside properly!!!

WTH, don't these people know that they sell the boards and the boxes, and their sizes are not compatible?????? icon_evil.gif

Sorry for the rant, now I'm off to find a box big enough to deliver in the morning. Oh yeah,to add to the issue, they are only tall enough for a single layer sheet cake. That just sucks!!!

I'll go have an adult beverage and figure it all out after. Thanks for listening.

9 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 10

You would really think that coming from the same company it would be a no-brainer, right? Have that drink and enjoy lady... sounds like you've earned it! thumbs_up.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:10am
post #3 of 10

I don't use Wilton cake boards or boxes. In Canada, we have a store called Bulk Barn and they sell them individually (much cheaper, too). Never had a problem with the board not fitting the box at all ... AND the boxes are very tall!

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

I don't use Wilton cake boards or boxes. In Canada, we have a store called Bulk Barn and they sell them individually (much cheaper, too). Never had a problem with the board not fitting the box at all ... AND the boxes are very tall!

Me too! 6" high and perfect box to board fit. Love Bulk Barn for the small orders!!

mommicakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 10

Thanks Melvira, it has been one heck of a weekend already, and it isn't over yet.

I had a 90th celtic bday 3 tier cake this am, a quick bday cake for my nephew at noon, my son's 14th bday today for after dinner, baby shower for tomorrow am, and another bday for a client 40 min away tomorrow afternoon.

I have had one toddie already, and am working on the second. (DH made it for me).

Details By Dawn & Cutie Pie Cakes-Ontario: I am so close to jumping the border (only 2 hrs from here).

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies. icon_smile.gif

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #6 of 10

I had the same problem! I dont get it either. icon_confused.gif

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #7 of 10

www.brpboxshop.com - Every box under the sun! (by the case - 100 per case) and great boards. Great prices, and based in the US, so no customs. You'll never have that prob again. GL!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:18am
post #8 of 10

First, the wilton boxes are so thin, I doubt they could hold cotton candy without collapsing under the weight.

Are you using the plain regular cardboards, or the fancy dancy ones that look like they have a doily imprinted on it and the scalloped edgings? I stopped using the scalloped edges years ago because they just dont' fit any standard boxes.

mommicakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 1:55pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

First, the wilton boxes are so thin, I doubt they could hold cotton candy without collapsing under the weight.

Are you using the plain regular cardboards, or the fancy dancy ones that look like they have a doily imprinted on it and the scalloped edgings? I stopped using the scalloped edges years ago because they just dont' fit any standard boxes.

I totally agree with the flimsy weight of them. I use the regular rectangle boards, I tried using the waxed ones and found that they didn't fit, (and had a fit myself)!

This stupid issue kept me up most of the night. DH & I remanufactured the box this morning. We pulled apart a 10 X 14 box and taped the two of them together to make one large enough and safe enough for transport of this cake.

What is wrong with wilton????? icon_evil.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif These guys have no clue. They aren't tall enough either.

I am now in search of a decent box supplier. There is this company that sells 2pc boxes that are heavy and nice, but a little on the pricey side, but I am thinking that may be the only way to go to feel good about delivering product to a client.
Okay off of my rant now. Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm
post #10 of 10

Not only are they flimsy, and maybe I'm just dumb here, but I can never easily figure how to put the darn things together and they don't come with even the most basic assembly instructions. Again, maybe I'm just dumb and it's a no-brainer how to put them together, but I struggle and get frustrated every single time I buy a set of boxes and end up spending way too much time trying to figure out which flap goes where and how they come together. A simple instruction sheet would be helpful.

And don't even get me started on the Wilton gel color jars and why they continue to put them in the jars they do........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%