Help Me Decide On Christmas Cakes

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 1:23am by misserica

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 3

This year, for the adults on my gift list, I'm giving cakes rather than presents. I have already chosen the basic idea (everyone gets the same), but I need CC'ers to help me choose the details.

All the cakes will be 6" torted, scratch chocolate cakes.
Filling will be Raspberry or Peppermint. Vote?
All cakes will be covered in chocolate ganache.

Decorations - I want to keep it simple, but classy. So I'm thinking poinsettias and/or snowflakes (not together). Vote?
Also, should I buy gumpaste poinsettias or make smaller RI ones? If gumpaste, it'll be one per cake. If RI, it'll be 3 (probably) per cake.
Same with the snowflakes - one if GP, 3 if RI.

Basically, what would you want to get?

Thanks!

Edited to add: If gumpaste, I have to purchase, as I'm not good at all with GP flowers (read: $$$) If RI, I can make by myself

2 replies
arrianna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arrianna Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 3

My personal opinion......I like the Raspberry filling better with the 3 Pointsettias each. For me, having the 3 makes it look fuller and like you put more work and thought into it. Maybe a little detail around th bottom of the cake with a simple stripe matching the pointsettias or something else to add a little umph to it.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 3

I agree with arrianna, 3 poinsettias will look more full or 3 snowflakes, more "holiday season" style than strictly Christmas. I also like the raspberry filling, I am not much into peppermint though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%