Is There Anyway To Make This Look Better, Satin Ice

Decorating By tasteebakes Updated 11 Nov 2009 , 11:23pm by cabecakes

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 9

I have always used mmf, today I tried satin ice. Was pourous looking on cake to begin with...

Then I sat it in the front seat to drive home and slammed on brakes to avoid a wreck and it flipped upside down onto the floorboard.

It's just a display cake, not for eating!!! Is there a way to smooth this out with out taking it apart?

Oh the head is ganache...

8 replies
tasteebakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 9

ggggg
LL

tasteebakes Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 9

front
LL

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:16am
post #4 of 9

I would try wetting my hands with warm water and rubbing the $#%$ out of it. As if you are smoothing it all over. Or maybe try smoothing it with some shortening first (since we know the water will make it all sticky but maybe when it dries it'll be right???).

I dunno...just thoughts....I'd try anything before having to redo.

tasteebakes Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 9

Well, I'm going to try something. I was thinking water or crisco too. I just didn't know if there was a fool proof trick! I'm having all kinds of cake problems today....

I think my spirits are low and it's affecting my work?

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:27am
post #6 of 9

That sucks, but that cake is adorable. Those eyelashes craked me up. LOL

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:21am
post #7 of 9

Oh yes, your spirits...I read your other post about the culture shock moving and working there. Hopefully, somehow, you can remember that all major change in life is stressful even if we think we are doing fine with it. Nothing will help but the passing of time and becoming acclimated to your new surrounds. And, hopefully, once the dust settles and the woman you are replacing retires then maybe you can have a hand in changing the way things are done. Or, if not, then getting your own place and doing it your way.

Maybe...

But in the meantime it sucks to have your spirits down and then score some cake disasters on top of that.

Just know that this too shall pass.....

Oh, and when I read your post my first thought was that you need to make your experiences there a running blog....sorry but your misery there makes for some fairly entertaining reading.....

hth..keep your head up...time will pass....you will be better.

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 5:43am
post #8 of 9

I'm a newbie, sorry I can't help. I'll have to agree with CakeDiosa, start a blog. I read your earlier vent and while it does suck I thought it was funniest read! Not that I'm laughing at you but the people around you and your new experiences! I'd subscribe to your blog. Keep your head up, it's painful but you are at the beginning of a new life! That's exciting! Good luck.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 11 Nov 2009 , 11:23pm
post #9 of 9

I think I would try the Crisco first. Water and Fondant...huh...it's gonna get sticky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%