How Do I Dress These Up?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 7:05pm by windycitybaker

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 14

Hi!
I bought a whole bunch of kraft color gable boxes. I'd like to use them for bouquets but it's quite a plain box, so i was wondering what y'all would recommend to dress these up (color and theme coordinate it with the bouquet.

13 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 14

I don't know what gable boxes are but if they are just plain cardboard boxes, you could cover them with wrapping paper, ribbon etc to coordinate with the bouquets

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 14

Here's a link to see them; http://www.nashvillewraps.com/basket-supplies/gable-boxes/c-041825.html.
I actually got them from a store that was closing and was selling a whole slew of them for so cheap that i just couldn't pass it up.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 14

rubber stamping!!!!! Glitter paint!!!!!! ...or stickers... or ribbons with bows! Wish I could find some of those that cheap!

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 14

I couldn't get the web sight to come up so I'm just guessing here. Could you glue some foam flowers or shapes on or some scrapbook design cutouts or fancy stickers? Stencil a design on.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 14

I actually prefer a plain container for my bouquets so it doesnt detract from the cookies, I use lots of tissue and ribbon.

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:34pm
post #7 of 14

Would rubber stamping come out on the kraft color?
SharonK, do you mean glueing on ready made bows? That's an idea.

bbmom, i'm definately with you, but i tried it out with tissue, and it still looked so plain. Maybe if it was smaller i could get away with it, but it is a larger box and is calling to be decorated somehow

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #9 of 14

If I remember right you have a cricut don't you? you can do heaps of shapes and glue them on with buttons, studs ribbons etc.

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #10 of 14

barbaranne, thank you for those links. I can definately get good ideas!

amifsud, yes you are right! Honestly, after decorating cookies, i'm so exhausted that i just want a simple container to put it in. And i really didn't want to spend anymore money on various designs of cardstock or buttons and what-not.
I guess since i saved so much money on the boxes, i could go back to Michaels and get some generic looking designs, buttons, etc.
To save time, i guess i could premake some standard occasion boxes and go from there.
It's a great idea. Thanks for reminding me what i can do with the cricut!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:56pm
post #11 of 14

all I got for ya is get some circle garage sale stickers and a black sharpie and color them in and make polka dots on the boxes. That's what I did for these cake boards!
LL
LL

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:00pm
post #12 of 14

Oh, i didn't mention that i'd like to use them for bouquets so i need them open. Do you think i should cut off anything from the top or just leave as is?

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 3:16pm
post #13 of 14

The cake boards look really nice especially with your cakes!

windycitybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windycitybaker Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 7:05pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

Would rubber stamping come out on the kraft color?

You might need to use something other than regular old water-based ink pads. Something like craft ink (I get mine from Stampin' Up) or Staz-On (available at craft stores, and from SU) would show up well on kraft. The craft ink takes a while to dry, so you'd want to allow for that time; Staz-On dries quickly, but doesn't come in as many colors. I stamp on things all the time...boxes, tissue paper, wrapping paper...and it's really easy and very cute! Based on the ink color and stamp design you choose, it can be subtle or more bold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%