Laundry Gals - Where Are You?

Lounge By jlynnw Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:27am by favrtdtr

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:34pm
post #91 of 166

Thank you Jlynn, I am glad we have "met" too.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I have calmed down with my holiday stress now and am determined to enjoy the next few days, I hope everyone else can do the same.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 2:48am
post #92 of 166

I am glad to read you gals are having it better then we are here. My Nanny passed. We are all grief stricken. I went to visit her on Thursday and that visit was as nice as it could have been under the circumstances and her difficulties. She passed Sunday in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know what to say. I can't think straight. It's like a fog in my head.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:23am
post #93 of 166

So sorry sadsmile...

Carson Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:43am
post #94 of 166

So sorry sadsmile, I am sorry I can't offer more than my sympathies.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:46pm
post #95 of 166

sadsmile, my deepest sympathies. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 6:48pm
post #96 of 166

Oh no, sadsmile, so sorry to hear it. I am so glad you went to see her on Thursday.

sadsmile Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 3:57am
post #97 of 166

Thanks. I went an help pack up some of her stuff today. That was hard. My mom is taking it the hardest. It's very draining.

Carson Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 2:33pm
post #98 of 166

It is exhausting. It sounds like she was loved and that's really all anyone really needs in their life.

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 3:44pm
post #99 of 166

Oh sadsmile - I'm so sorry. I wish I could do or say something that would help.

Well, I'm on my way to move in with psycho sister in Maine. My friend Jon in Mass suddenly decided I couldn't move in with him - I think my mom had something to do with that. I'm not sure about the internet connection up there, but I'll try to keep in touch as best I can. I hope you all had good Christmases and that you have Happy New Years.

sadsmile Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:44pm
post #100 of 166

I have relatives in Maine. Hallee's and Saunders' and I don't know the other married names. Hopefully your sister has it or you can get it. There is always the Library. KIT!!!!

favrtdtr Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:49pm
post #101 of 166

Very true about the library - and I'll be right across the street from it. Where in Maine are they? It's a big state with a small population, LOL. It's actually the 3rd biggest state in the country land area wise. Anyway, I'll be in the mid-coast area which is cool.

sadsmile Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:01pm
post #102 of 166

You know I am not truly sure. My Grandfather used to go up there by boat so I guess that side is coastal somewhere, not sure about my hubby's side(Hallee's) I think they are sprinkled across.

favrtdtr Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:10am
post #103 of 166

Just checking in to say hi to everyone - haven't made it very far as I am still in TN - my friend asked me to stay another week so I guess I'm leaving this weekend..... Hope all of you are well and cakin along....

sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:45pm
post #104 of 166

Oh good because I would be worried about you traveling in these winter conditions. It's down right cold out there! Shoot I am down in The Treasure Coast of Florida and we have had cold weather all week. WE figured out the heater in this house was broken and were waking up to 50° cold air or colder in the house. I had to double bundle up the kids with fleece for sleeping. The stupid Service America Company that fixes everything won't come out on the weekend except for a plumbing emergency and we all know how that went two times. So I stayed up as late as I could with the oven on and the door open and ran the washer and dryer as much as possible for the heat. The good thing is I caught up on the laundry, though I don't want to see next months bill. The repair man came on Monday night and fixed it. In Florida I would usually never complain about cold but when it gets below 60° in the house, it's just too much for kids. So now we have it in the low 70°s and are toasty warm. Where we used to live in Central FL it would frost and freeze all the time. WE would wake up to Jack Frost's magic. The kids love to look at the sparkly thin coating of ice on everything. And it got to 29° here last night and everything was covered and so pretty. I had to go out last night like a fool and look for my outside cat. She had gotten scared by Jonathan when he took out the trash. I found her at 11 PM hiding next to an electric transformer box four houses down. She finally came running out when I got close enough and I snatched her up and tucked her into my robe and she purred and snuggled while I ran back inside. LOL

I sure hope you all are safe and warm!!!

jlynnw Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:15pm
post #105 of 166

I got a new job! I kinda don't like it but it is so less stress than the ice cream place. It is unbelievable. It is just really boring and nights. It will have to do until I get something else but is working on getting the bills paid. I have had to put in my two weeks and new job at the same time. I am exhuasted and miss all of you. Happy New Year. May you all be blessed with exciting changes, prosperity, and good health.

favrtdtr Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:19pm
post #106 of 166

Sadsmile - OMG - that is cold - esp for the Treasure Coast!! Sorry you had so much trouble with the heat but am glad you got laundry caught up and finally got it fixed. icon_smile.gif I was in Lake City which is just north of Gainesville and it would get cold and frosty all the time - reminded me of home without the extremes of home, lol.

favrtdtr Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:30pm
post #107 of 166

Congrats on the new job jlynn!! I bet you're exhausted - hope the new job works out. What is it that you're doing now? I hear ya about needing to pay the bills - believe me!! Good luck!!

jlynnw Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:36pm
post #108 of 166

I answer phones for a delivery service. I don't do anything but answer phones. I sit in a chair and wait for them to ring. No cleaning, no working, no processing an order just sit. I have an empty slot next to me if I want to sit. I work the slower hours and process about 30 -40 call in a 6 hour shift, 5 days a week. I can not do anything outside of work or use the computer for personal things. No checking in here are anything. However, at the end of the day, it is all over, you go home and start a whole brand new day. More hours, same pay. IDK, I should be lucky to have a job.

Carson Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm
post #109 of 166

Pfffttt! Cold Schmold! lol - try -40 degrees (F), I'm up here in the Canadian Prairies. Heat not working here would be an emergency call for us for sure. Thankfully it has warmed up about 20 degrees now, but we had a yucky month in December.

Congrats on the job jlynn, I'm at work right now, guess I'm not working too hard though!

Best of luck on the move Favs.

jlynnw Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #110 of 166

lived in North Dakota for a single winter. They said it was a mild one, I moved before I had to endure a harsh one. I like the warmth too much for that. I never knew Florida would get so cold. I guess it is about the equivalent of Texas though, right?

favrtdtr Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:59pm
post #111 of 166

Wow - that would be boring!! At least I was able to check in here and read or watch tv when we weren't busy at the hotel, lol. I know what you mean about being greatful to have a job but that doesn't mean you can't vent about it too, lol. I always do.....the venting queen - that's me icon_smile.gif

favrtdtr Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:05pm
post #112 of 166

Carson - hi and thanks so much!!
Jlynn - North Dakota? Oh man - NO WAY!!! Like where Carson is - no such thing as a mild winter, lol. Yeah - north Florida gets into the teens sometimes - just doesn't last very long, lol....like parts of Texas.....

Carson Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm
post #113 of 166

That being said (see my previous post) I would not be happy to go to Florida and have that weather! Our summers are very warm so it makes up for the winter I guess. I love living in Canada but I do sometimes seriously think about moving to a warmer climate (usually every January.)

North Dakota has the same weather as I do here, I live very close to the border...I suppose you adjust and those -10(F) days in January just feel down right balmy!

BTW - its hard to switch between celcius and fahenheit so you guys know what kind of temps I'm talking about, but my estimates will be pretty close.

sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:43pm
post #114 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Pfffttt! Cold Schmold! lol - try -40 degrees (F), I'm up here in the Canadian Prairies. Heat not working here would be an emergency call for us for sure. Thankfully it has warmed up about 20 degrees now, but we had a yucky month in December.

Congrats on the job jlynn, I'm at work right now, guess I'm not working too hard though!

Best of luck on the move Favs.

Yeah, believe me I am happy it has only been in the 30°s at night. I don't think I could function if it was colder. And forget about the negatives! YIKES! WE have tile floors in most of the house and that is why I think the inside temp dropped as low as it did.
I figure we have the mildest of all of it, so I want you all to bundle up and stay safe and warm my dear friends!

jlynnw Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #115 of 166

Our house only has a few tile floors, the kitchen being one, of course. It got to 66 in there this morning. That is with the heat on. I want carpet or thermal heating or something. It is way too cold, but what do you do??? I can't imagine the -degree weather. I get chills thinking about ya'lls up in that nasty cold stuff. I want the nice spring to come, the 70's are just what I want.

Carson Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:03pm
post #116 of 166

Apparently the cold snap we are getting today is going to be the end of the bad, it is suppose to warm up for the rest of the winter (ya, I'll believe it when I see it.)

Now, what have I've been doing? The most exciting thing is painting my kitchen, new tiles, new lighting, new dining set...but its a work in progress. Then I have a root canal today, a little worried about that - never had it done and really dislike the dentist! Then my van had some break problems and we had city workers in our house for a week trying to fix plumbing problems (there are some huge trees on our boulevard - on city property that cause problems for us)...needless to say, we have been spending WAY too much money lately and I'm tired and broke!! Not really enjoying the start of 2010 yet, hopefully this is the worst month for us!

sadsmile Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:37pm
post #117 of 166

I here ya. All of our kids had spontaneous growth spurts and needed clothes and shoes so between that and the 2 1/2 week fur-low we are at our last couple of bucks.

jlynnw Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:57pm
post #118 of 166

Why do kids have to have this danged growth spurt in the middle of winter. You get them warm clothes and then they can't wear them in a month or two because it is too warm and they need spring/summer clothes!

I am working on a LARGE D&D cake. it will serve 250 - 300. The inpiration photo is small (maybe 50 servings) and uses resin figures. I am at a loss as how to get the cake done like they want, all edible, and keep things to scale. I never knew I would need to be a model maker to bake cakes!

May we all be blessed with good fortune and prosperity in 2010. May the worst have come to past already with only days of happiness to come.

Carson Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:49pm
post #119 of 166

[quote="jlynnw"] Why do kids have to have this danged growth spurt in the middle of winter. You get them warm clothes and then they can't wear them in a month or two because it is too warm and they need spring/summer clothes! [quote]

I blame the large quantities of not so healthy foods consumed over the holidays, well, that's what my growth spurt is from!

I've been such a good little eater lately...its been really hard to get off the sugar since Christmas, but I'm slowly getting back to normal! I must be getting old because it has never effected me this badly before! icon_lol.gif

Carson Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:52pm
post #120 of 166

Yeah, back the laundry topic...my baby niece is going to be born anytime now!! My 6 year old is so excited, more excited than I have ever seen her be for a new baby. I have a hard time NOT kidnapping newborns, but I guess I shouldn't admit to that over the internet! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%