Laundry Gals - Where Are You?

Lounge By jlynnw Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:27am by favrtdtr

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:08pm
post #61 of 166

Carson - I hope everything went well with the moving and driving in all that snow.

Sadsmile - what a relief to be able to get things taken care of like that - I'm really happy for you. and YAY for the potty training going well too, LOL

Hi everyone - hope all is well with you all.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 6:42am
post #62 of 166

Hi Favs, how are things going?

Mom is moved, but the driving was HORRIBLE! Its so funny, for once the snow didn't come by November and my Mom is moving and we get a snow storm December 1st!

Sadsmile, I'm still getting my youngest finished up on the potty training, we just can't get night time down! Its so funny when they realize they can do it - I think mine had the same reaction, they are just so surprised.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:55pm
post #63 of 166

Lol Carson- thank goodness for Pull-ups. One of mine was in those till she was 5. She is almost 7 now, just such a heavy sleeper. So I don't let her have anything but a small cup of water with dinner and then go potty twice before bed.

Moving is the pits! My hubby doesn't want to stay here if the pipes aren't fixed. i stopped unpacking and decorating. I feel in limbo. I get a call this morning from the Land Lord and she asks if I am going to be home today. I was thinking she was going to stop by and remembering the dishes few dishes in the sink, the unfolded laundry on the table and the various items that need to be put away and mopping...LOL I was like um, if you need to come by(I'll hurry my booty back home, skip the store and clean up like a hurricane) then I'll stay home...LOL
She has scheduled someone to come look at the water softener and under the sink filtration system and they were coming in a little while.
So I skipped the store and when home and got all but the mopping done before the guy showed up an hour later. Phew! And now the water stuff will all work. Yay.

Geeze my mom just called as I was typing the last of that and my Uncle is dying of cancer. He is in hospice now on a continuous Morphine drip and they think he has only couple days left. This just stinks! I hate death. I am young, yet I can not help but ponder my own mortality and I am so sad. My uncle was a tall thin man who always took time to play with me and make jokes with me. We always went to visit him, when we where near by and he always had cartoons for me when I was a kid. Seriously he would buy hundreds of tapes of cartoons not knowing what I would like. He loves Sci-Fi everything... so do I. I saw him about a month ago and he had practically waisted away to a frail much older then he is. Not the Clint Eastwood type of rugged, tall man he was. He could eat 5 plates of food and always teased he had hollow legs to fill up. My mom wants me to call him, but I don't know what to say. I am just a blubbering fool right now. Mortality is so scary. His mom my Grandma... is not doing well and is getting very frail, she is 92 1/2. I can't help but to think what she must be feeling. About 4 yrs ago we lost my Grandfather to colon cancer and now she must say goodbye to her son as well as looking at her own time. it's like a nasty waiting game and I hate it! Sorry for unloading in here- I guess I just need to vent. I feel so bad and can not stop crying.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:18pm
post #64 of 166

Sadsmile, I'm very sorry you're going through all of that right know.

I know what you mean about thinking about your own mortality. I lost two grandparents and my husband lost one, the year that we had our first child. I remember thinking about it a lot, that it's kind of disturbing that it almost felt like they passed to make room for another generation, and it made me wonder if, when my kids are old enough to begin their own families, will my parents be healthy enough to enjoy being great-grandparents for a while, or is that just the way it works?

Sorry, I'm probably not making you feel any better. You should call your uncle though...tell him you love him, and tell him how he reminded you of Clint Eastwood when you were a kid. It's okay to cry on the phone with him. As a society we don't know how to deal with death very well, so people may be avoiding him because they don't know what to say. That's probably why your mom wants you to call.

I'm getting a little weepy here myself...aunt flo was AWOL for a while and now that she's decided to show up, my hormones are all over the place. I want some chocolate but I know it will give me a migraine.

sadsmile Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:51pm
post #65 of 166

Thanks texas rose!

Guess what else...

go on just guess...

The poo monkey stikes again. I have to get the sh... cleaned off the walls before getting my older two from school.

favrtdtr Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:47am
post #66 of 166

Oh Sadsmile - I'm so sorry. Don't appologize for venting - that's what we're here for. ((HUGS)) My grandfather was in hospice for about a month before he died and I don't know how I would have handled it if he'd been there longer. I wish I could help...and sorry about the poo monkey striking again too - hopefully that will stop soon.

TexasRose - hope you get to feeling better soon - chocolate giving migraines totally sucks!!

sadsmile Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:29pm
post #67 of 166

He never really woke up out of the morphine after my mom left yesterday afternoon. My Aunt went to see him and called my grandmother and she held the phone to his ear so my grandmother could talk to him. My aunt said he sighed a couple times while he was listening but never woke up. He slipped away in the wee hours this morning. At least his suffering is over now.

favrtdtr Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 8:09pm
post #68 of 166

Sorry for your loss Sadsmile.....

Carson Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:48pm
post #69 of 166

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Sadsmile, sounds like he was a great man.

sadsmile Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:09am
post #70 of 166

Thanks guys. You ever notice how the world doesn't pause or give a small time out? It just keeps on grinding away without you, leaving you to play catch up with the things you didn't get done.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:28pm
post #71 of 166

Sadsmile, I am so sorry for your loss.

jlynnw Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:39pm
post #72 of 166

I have missed you all and thought I better to check in. I find the thread has gone on without a notice to me!

Favs, I do want a Christmas card. I thought I had sent you a PM with the address to stalk, uhmm, send me one. I don't have a reply from you with yours, but it is waiting to hear from you.

Texas-Rose - no chocolate? I would have to have chocolate covered imatrex.

Carson - I hope having mom closer brings more happiness and peace for your family.

Sadsmile - best wishes with the poo monkey. I have you in thought and prayers.

Off to another glorious day working for spoiled children who are my bosses that have not a clue. It is amazing. I have trained people to be my supervisor but not to be my boss. They seriously don't have a clue. They spend their "free" time on the internet, facebook, UTube or texting. No doncept that even though you are not with a customer, there is work to be done. The dishes, the cleaning, all that SIDE work that needs to get done. Then the stuff that the hours have to be cut for the winter as we have no sales and the place is a mess. Yeah, clean not text, and make product. Ever hear of "if you build it they will come?" UGH

Carson Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:52pm
post #73 of 166

Its great to hear from you Jlynn! Sorry about those "bossy" spoiled children - but I know what you mean! Check in a little more often, your absence has been noticed.

sadsmile Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:21pm
post #74 of 166

That has to be frustrating jlynnw!

And I agree no chocolate would be terrible! Oh dear.

How about some good news for a change? A little more than a month ago my hubby's boss was driving his motorcycle and was hit by a car. He incurred serious injuries as he wasn't wearing a helmet. He was in a drug induced coma for a long time and had several surgeries. His insurance has run out and he is home now. Oh the good news.... with as terrible as it all was he is recovering. His short term memory is touch and go but he is starting to sound like his old self. It is such a miracle that he is even alive. he said he met Jesus face to face and it was as real as him sitting there talking to my hubby. Jesus told him he wasn't done with him yet and he would get better so he could be used to reach youth.

That is pretty heavy. His recovery was not expected, and he continues to gain his strength every day. he is a very outgoing guy. He's even ornery and calls people and tells them to come visit him often. icon_wink.gif

And more good news.. financially we are meeting all of our bills and everything but the credit cards are current due to some overtime on a project that has a close deadline.

jlynnw Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:07pm
post #75 of 166

I love the good news. Thanks for sharing. I will keep him in prayer. Glad to hear about the finances going good.

favrtdtr Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #76 of 166

Jlynn I got your pm and thought i sent you a reply - sorry i will do that next. I know what you mean about children not wanting to do sidework and make product - aggravating as all get out!!

Sadsmile - that is an amazing story - just WOW. And congrats on the better financial news - that has to feel like a bit of a relief I'm sure.

I'm going to be moving to Mass right after Christmas. A friend has offered me a place to stay and I will try to find a job. My parents aren't thrilled because my friend is male but they will get over it and I can't keep traveling with them as there is no way I could find a job that way and I have to pay my bills. Talk to you soon.

jlynnw Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 3:28am
post #77 of 166

so uhmm, favs, is this like a guy that is a friend or a potential love interest? So sorry to be so noisey, but well, just a romantic!

Got the address finally! Will have to find a card in get in the mail this week. I hope it is not too late!

Everyone else doing their holiday baking yet?

favrtdtr Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 7:48am
post #78 of 166

jlynn - he's a friend at the moment, but who knows what the future may hold? It's not something I'm going up there and looking for, but I'm also not completely against the idea, LOL. It's fine to ask - I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't willing to talk about it. icon_smile.gif It's not too late for cards - I'm finally gonna start mine tomorrow, LOL

Hope everyone's baking goes smoothly......

Carson Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm
post #79 of 166

Just checking in! Been very busy (as everyone is this time of year) cleaning, baking, shopping, etc... I hate how there never seems to be enough of anything at Christmas, like time, money, relaxation and weight loss!

I have a big birthday coming up...the big 3-0! My DH wants to have a party for me and I said it was fine as long as I don't have to do anything for it. Its my birthday and I just don't want the stress that goes into getting ready for a party. Let me tell you - it doesn't work! I am the party planner in our house and I can't help but be involved! I have also been cleaning like crazy because I know we'll have guests on Sat. I keep on asking my DH "Well did you invite this person? What do you have planned for food?" Haha, I'm such a pain but I'm a little more of a anal host then he is - he just thinks buying beer makes him the best host ever! Oh well, I am trying and come Sat I will have fun (even if the house is a mess!)

sadsmile Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:42pm
post #80 of 166

Happy Birthday Carson! I am with ya on that if I know someone is coming I turn into a cleaning machine too. My hubby's parents and my Mom were here for Thanksgiving. What fun that was.

Maybe I should tell you all so you can have a good laugh. His mom always has dogs and they arent trained and make a mess and usually have fleas. And she brings them without asking. Leaves open dog food containers in my fridge and mess on the counters and never wipes up. This time I told my hubby to tell his mom and dad no dogs allowed. Ok they say she has a cat. WTH! They can't take no for an answer. She brings the cat anyway and we have to put it in the garage because we have 3 indoor cats who are very territorial aside from our 1 outside cat who visits and usually resides in the garage. OK so he cat turns out to be trained and uses his litter box and all and didn't seem to have fleas or ticks so fine. But my outside cat disappears and doesn't come to eat and it mad, but I know she'll get over it after they go home. My indoor cats however have declared WAR. They are slinking around with devil horns on their heads-yes we could almost see them! Brats. My hubby's mom is also not very hygienic to put it mildly and smokes and so she has her own very unique choking aroma. She doesnt tend her laundry as everyone in our house is used to. My cats love laundry. I have a hard time keeping them away from clean laundry. I dont know what their comforter smelled like but it wasnt good and one of my cats snuck into the room and peed on the bed. OMG I was mortified!!! Talk about embarrassing. I was able to run it thought my washer on the sanitize cycle and it came out wonderful. Then I ran it again just to make really sure it was great. And we had to make sure the door to the room they were staying in was closed at all times to avoid a repeat performance. His mom smokes and goes in and out all day and night long. I have freak panic attacks about the doors not being locked because of what happened to Becca. (You guys read that a while back right where she opened the doors escaped the house and wound up drowned in the lake across the street; I jumped in and CPR and a Hospital stay and all.) Ok so I am having panic attacks on a regular basis (because she wont shut and lock the damn doors-she doesnt even know how to close doors she SLAMS them BANG!) while cooking from scratch everything and wiping cat food from my kitchen counters and closing the cat food containers in the fridge, and dealing with my Mom who thinks she is being helpful by pointing out numerous things. She doesnt see it as bossy or trying to run the show, just helpful because she is the first one to notice things. I just want to be left alone to do my own thing. On numerous occasions I am about to say something and she always beets me to the punch line. Talk about fun. My mom is used to being alone and had a certain way of doing things in a quick time frame. We have 4 kids and need to be flexible-nuf said. One night she is mentioning that once again someone might need a jacket and my hubby has had it with her announcing everything that should be done and loses his temper and very firmly and loudly said Ill handle it, Ill handle it. Its my house Damn Ill handle it. Oh yeah that was golden and so was my Mom who ran off in a huff and slammed the door to my daughters room and hid in there while I was still cooking and had to finish up and get dinner on the table. I had to go be the peace maker and tell her to stop running the show and relax and just enjoy some time with the kids and to stop worrying about everything. Honestly it was a relief when they all went home after 3 days. So how do you tell family they are not welcome to come back again so soon? LOL I dont want any company.

jlynnw Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #81 of 166

I hear your pain. My MIL moved in and that is how it is here on a daily basis. I cry a LOT and want a divorce. I wish she had never moved in. She finally got the picture we are not here to entertain her, we have very busy lives and won't wait on her. She now goes to the senior center and comes home at noon to complain about the whole day.

favrtdtr Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:12am
post #82 of 166

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carson!!! I hope it is AWESOME!! Relax about the mess and enjoy your party. Most people don't notice other people's messes anyway.....

Sadsmile and Jlynn - I am soooo sorry.....HUGS for you both!! (and I thought living with my mom was driving me crazy - at least I have an end date, lol)

jlynnw Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:02pm
post #83 of 166

I am so embarassed! icon_redface.gif I missed it

Happy Birthday Carson

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 9:00pm
post #84 of 166

Hey guys! I just got on here to see what is happening. Been so busy! Thanks for the heads up in your PM, Judi! Happy Birthday Carson. It is my big 3-0h! also, on Tuesday. I had my husband order me a cake from a gal I used to work with. I have never had a decent birthday cake in my life, well, when i was under 5 I did, and once as a teenager, but never as an adult! I want one! I do cakes for everyone and nobody thinks about me on my birthday. Last year we were at my grandmas for Christmas and my husband says, "Hey everyone, I don't know if you remember, but it is Anna's birthday." Everyone said Happy Birthday Anna! And that was it! No card, cake, gift, nothing. So that is what we did for my husbands birthday this year! I didn't even give him his birthday laundry with special spit-spot cleaning, lol! So there! I am so tired of doing my best and going out of my way, bending over backward, and then getting pooped on. I'm old now and people are going to start getting what they give. I'm gonna be the crotchety old dame that has cats and smells funny and says whatever I want, and gives tighty-whities and socks and toothpaste for presents. NO CAKE FOR YOU!!! AHHGH!

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone! And I hope you have a good whatever else you happen to celebrate if'n you don't do Christmas!

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 9:00pm
post #85 of 166

Jeeze, not the double-posts again!

Carson Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:31pm
post #86 of 166

I didn't have a great birthday, but it was my own funky mood and no one elses fault. I did get over it by the time we went out for supper and a few friends came over after and had fun.

Anna - your post made me laugh - I am kind of feeling the same way lately. My DH didn't order me a birthday cake but unlike you, I refused to tell him to. I wanted him to do everything and put the effort I do into parties (mostly just so he can appreciate what I do more) but it didn't really happen. He barely called people in enough time to invite them, still left arranging things with my family to me, thank goodness I had lots of Christmas baking to serve our guests, and I ended up cleaning most of the day on my birthday. I'm not entirely mad at him because I am now starting to think its just the difference between men and women, I just think that he honestly just doesn't think of this kind of stuff (and doesn't notice how much stress I put on myself to do it!)

And Anna - having a birthday so close to Christmas sucks - everyone does forget or put little effort into it because they seem to put so much energy into Christmas. I think it has made me just want to pass my birthday off as any other day, and if you didn't know before I'm not really sharing it with anyone else. I think its a combination of getting old (because things are never as exciting as when your a kid) and the years of Birthday/Christmas past.

Anyways, glad that birthday is over! I think I need to find a few new resolutions to start 2010 with. The old ones didn't really stick for long, but I'm starting a new decade (30s) so now is the year to do it!

I sound like a downer but I'm not - starting to finally get into the holiday spirit (now that I don't have to go to the stores anymore!!)

Carson Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:32pm
post #87 of 166

Oh, Anna, in case I'm not on here tomorrow I wanted to wish you a very HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 5:10pm
post #88 of 166

Thanks Carson! I get the whole bad attitude on your birthday thing, I never get anything but a happy birthday! I really don't think that guys are aware of much of anything, unless it is in a low-cut top or high-cut shorts! I have been wanting a special birthday for years and finally just said, here's the number, I want cake! I'll take a picture of it an post it on here.

Hopefully my "new" camera comes tomorrow or it will be a camera phone pic. I got a refurbished one off ebay, things are too tight to go with a really new one! I did a really big cake for my church a couple weeks ago and they just got the check to me yesterday, so I gotta do my Christmas shopping today! Hope there is something left! Poor kids, there have been times that we waited a couple weeks for presents. Once it was tax time before we had Christmas. We left the tree up the whole time! Mid February!! We looked like rednecks! But my kids don't even remember it was late, they just remember getting the stuff. We were on food stamps at the time because I was newly divorced so we had an awesome dinner. There was so much food we froze a bunch and still ate on it for a week. It turned out to be a lot of fun!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 5:43pm
post #89 of 166

I was reading about everyone's MIL troubles...I just met my MIL for the first time on Saturday. I've been married 12 years but DH wasn't talking to his mom. Anyhow, I saw online that she had been going through some difficult times and I told DH, so he stopped by her house to see how she was. She had changed completely from how he remembered her...she's retired from her job at the utility company, she's a substitute teacher now and does a lot of volunteer work at the schools, she's much calmer than she used to be, and she wasn't mad at DH anymore.

So he brought me and the kids to meet her on Saturday. We were there for about 5 hours...Sophia climbed all over her and kept kissing her and asking me to take pictures of her with her "new grandma". We took her to McDonalds with us and it was so cute watching her and DH looking at the play structure with identical worried expressions on their faces and asking every two minutes if I was sure it was safe and if the kids were all right in there...now I know where he gets his worrywart tendencies.

We're going back to see her on Christmas. The kids will get to meet their great-grandma then. Great-grandma is 94 and for years, DH has thought there was no way his grandma could still be alive, but she is. I have to buy presents for my MIL and for DH's grandma today...so even though I swore I wasn't going in another store until after Christmas, I'm going to end up at Ross, I think.

It's really weird, I can see so much of where my husband got his personality from my MIL that I just love her already...I'm feeling really protective of her. DH is still adjusting to how much she's changed and I'm not telling him how much I like her, so he doesn't feel like I'm pressuring him into more of a relationship with her than he wants (but I already have been looking at homes for rent near hers because our lease is up in March icon_biggrin.gif).

jlynnw Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 6:27am
post #90 of 166

TR I am so glad you have a good MIL situation.

Carson Happy Birthday (never can be wished too often)

Anna - Happy Birthday

May I offer the suggestion of having a 1/2 birthday? Have a small celebration in June for your halvsie year as you know everyone would love to celebrate with you at a lesser hectic time. It works great with some of the friends and family. Other don't get it and never will. I am just glad we have "met" and gotten the opportunity to wish you a happy birthday.

Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope to check back in before but right now I am not sure where I will be or what I am doing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%