Doomed From The Start

Decorating By ramie7224 Updated 6 Nov 2009 , 1:12am by CakeDiosa

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 10

Kinda long, but.....

I started a "House Divided" cake on Tuesday for a party on Saturday. It was supposed to be half blue and orange for the University of Florida and half black and red for University of Georgia. Must've been the weather Tuesday night because my fondant was giving me fits. Tried to revive it on Wednesday with no luck. made a new batch. Had a terrible time coloring black and red, but finally got it worked out. Crumb coated and filled the layers and covered....and then it started to melt....buttercream was sliding off like crazy. Stuck it in the fridge, firmed it up, worked out the new kinks and wrinkles in the fondant. Got on all of my accents and then set it up to take photos. I walked away for *5* minutes (potty break icon_wink.gif ) came back, and my daughter had ripped off more than a quarter of the cake and was sitting on the floor eating it !!! icon_evil.gif Guess I'll have to start over icon_cry.gif

9 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 10

Oh my!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 10

Oh no!

This is one of those moments that feels like heck but you'll look back on it when your daughter is grown and it will be a funny story that you tell over and over icon_biggrin.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 10

I hope you got pictures, I know it's not very funny right now, but believe me it will be. THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 10

This totally my nightmare come true! But yes, you will look back and laugh...

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:12am
post #6 of 10

Just see it this way, the first cake was your practice cake, so now you have the practice, the new one will be perfect

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:27am
post #7 of 10

Ugh, I'm sorry that happened to you. icon_sad.gif

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:27am
post #8 of 10

Sorry! It made me laugh, though. Like my nephew eating the frosting off of my wedding cake WAY before we were ready to cut it.

jojo76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo76 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 10

NOOOOOOOOOOO! This could so easily happen in my house, two little people about here...!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #10 of 10

My stomach just turned for you....so sorry......

oh no....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%