Kopykake Projector Cookies, Pls Share

Baking By ZlatkaT Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 3:07am by CookiesinLA

tm-treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tm-treats Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:54pm
post #91 of 189

Hi!

I am based in UK and I am looking into purchasing a projector. Can somebody tell me what's the voltage of this machine? I know US has 110-120 V. We have 240V here in UK. The last time I used a machine from America, it just blew! My husband said I had black marks on my face! icon_sad.gif I'm just making sure this doesn't happen to me again.

Thanks!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:43am
post #92 of 189

Hi tm-treats
Mine is 110 but the box says you can buy 240v from that company I believe.
www.aswexpress.com.
Good luck

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #93 of 189

I would still love to see a tutorial with someone using their projector to transfer an image onto a cookie. I've done basic basic stuff like words but the pics i'm seeing here in the galleries are amazing and i'd like to see how they do it. Unfortuntely, there is nothing out there that shows this.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:55am
post #94 of 189

luv2bake6, sweetopia has a number of pictures on her blog of her using the projector! Her website is www.sweetopia.net.

tm-treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tm-treats Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm
post #95 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Hi tm-treats
Mine is 110 but the box says you can buy 240v from that company I believe.
www.aswexpress.com.
Good luck

Thanks for the info and the link toleshed! I will also send them email to double check and hopefully order! I hope postage doesn't cost me too much!

toleshed Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:22pm
post #96 of 189

By the way - aswexpress.com has another special going.
Extra 15% off plus free shipping. 2 days only Orders over $99
Code is Luck15
Expires 11:59 Friday night. Have fun!

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:56pm
post #97 of 189

Thanks toleshed. sweetopia has a bunch of great tutorials. I would just like to see her, or anyone, actually using the projector. She shows an outline of what she's done and mentions she did it with the projector....unless i missed something.

toleshed Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:12pm
post #98 of 189

I just bought one but haven't had a chance to use it yet. But heres my take on it:

Put your clipart or picture in the projector head. With an edible marker, trace out the design on your cookie. Then with your pastry bag, fill in the design. I've just had so much going, I haven't had time to use it. But when I do, I'll try to take pics.

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:38am
post #99 of 189

Thanks!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 6:38pm
post #100 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I would still love to see a tutorial with someone using their projector to transfer an image onto a cookie. I've done basic basic stuff like words but the pics i'm seeing here in the galleries are amazing and i'd like to see how they do it. Unfortuntely, there is nothing out there that shows this.

Me too!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 7:13pm
post #101 of 189

has anyone ever heard of the one that uses the slides?? Wondering where you'd get slides.....I found one online for 20 bucks! with the table clamp..........but how on earth would i get slides?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 3:21am
post #102 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecito

Quote:

Me too!!

Earlier in this thread there was a link to Sweetopia's blog, where she has a couple of tutorials using the projector.

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:56pm
post #103 of 189

im gonna bite my tongue and invest in the k1000 its another 150 but i wont have to deal with shadows and darkness. should i get the clamp or the base board. whats the differences? Also i have a question about when you decorate the cookie. I tend to move the cookie around when i decorate so i dont have to move my hand much but if the picture is in place that means i cant move the cookie. or if there is shadow how do move the projector without loosing the design on the cookie? thanks

luv2bake6 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 8:31pm
post #104 of 189

I just tried to use the projector and am very confused. I wanted to write happy birthday evenly onto a cake i made. I wrote it WORD, enlarged it to the largest font (72) and printed. The letters were still too small for me to pipe. I tried typing in Publisher and chose the landscape design so that the letters would be across the rectangle and not down. (i made a rectangle cake) When i put the printed letters in the box, they were too wide for the clamps. I've gotta be doing something wrong here.
How do you gals print your messages?

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:01am
post #105 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarinspired

im gonna bite my tongue and invest in the k1000 its another 150 but i wont have to deal with shadows and darkness. should i get the clamp or the base board. whats the differences? Also i have a question about when you decorate the cookie. I tend to move the cookie around when i decorate so i dont have to move my hand much but if the picture is in place that means i cant move the cookie. or if there is shadow how do move the projector without loosing the design on the cookie? thanks

Because this is a big ticket item, I've been researching it and I'm getting the K1000 projector (hopefully within the next couple months.) The main differences are the lighting so it eliminates the shadows. The picture is projected onto the cake or cookie and you trace around it (much like a pattern transfer.) You shouldn't have this problem (moving the cookie around to avoid shadows) if you get the K1000 over the 300 unit.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:49am
post #106 of 189

I am going to invest in one also-probably the 1000, as the idea of dealing with shadows would not make me happy! This is my thought on the base vs. clamp decision: The base could be positioned anywhere on the work surface, which means the cake could be, too. But the clamp would have to be at the edge of the table, right? I don't think that would be as convient when trying to pipe-I would like the cake more in front of me. I think the base model would be better. BUT I have never used one, so I am not sure if this thinking is correct or not!

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #107 of 189

I'm getting the base model because my kitchen counters won't accommodate a clamp properly.

sugarinspired Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #108 of 189

ok i just ordered my kopykake k1000 i live in ca. did anyone buy the k1000 from Madison art and how long did it take to ship. since its friday nigh i still hope they will ship it out tomorrow.. i hope i wont regret it.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:52am
post #109 of 189
Quote:

ok i just ordered my kopykake k1000 i live in ca. did anyone buy the k1000 from Madison art and how long did it take to ship. since its friday nigh i still hope they will ship it out tomorrow.. i hope i wont regret it.

You won't regret it!

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:53am
post #110 of 189

I'm anxious to hear your experience with them -- that's who I'm planning on ordering mine from! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarinspired Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:52am
post #111 of 189

i will def post what i think of it once i get it and play with it hopefully by tuesday thanks everyone for the advice

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:03pm
post #112 of 189

I don't know if you saw this or not, but one time when I was on their site this scratch off thing appeared and you take the mouse and "scratch off" and get a discount code. Mine was 3%. Unfortunately I didn't write down the code and it hasn't popped up again, so when I go to order I'm going to ask them about that. Did you see any sort of pop up scratch thing like that when you ordered?

sugarinspired Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #113 of 189

there was no scratch off but there was a box for a promo code and i typed in code 4 which gave me 4% off i saw it on this post on one of the pages cant remember though but yes it works

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:13pm
post #114 of 189
Quote:

I live in southern CA and I received mine in a week. I must say it was bigger than I thought and takes a little playing with both the rod to get the size you need and the lens. There is just one page of directions for putting it together and what end of the lens to insert for enlarging or reducing the image size. Hope this helps.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #115 of 189

Are there any video tutorials for the K1000 unit?

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:02pm
post #116 of 189
Quote:

I wrote it WORD, enlarged it to the largest font (72) and printed.

You can enlarge as much as you want in Word. Instead of clicking on the little arrow to get the list of sizes, just click on the numbers to turn blue, then key in any size. I often go to 350 or 400 when creating appliques. HTH

toleshed Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:44pm
post #117 of 189

oh wow lcubed82
I didn't know that about word. Thanks

luv2bake6 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #118 of 189

I didn't know that either! Duh; seems so simple.
The problem i had was fitting the words into the viewbox to go across. Do you guys just write and then open the viewbox to pull the paper for the rest of the words? I was trying to write happy birthday across a 9x13 inch cake and then the name underneath but it didnt fit. I think i'm not understanding how to work this projector, and i havent had much time to play with it. That's why i'd love to see some picture tutorial of how someone does a diagram or message from sizing, to printing, to the projector. That'd be great!

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:25pm
post #119 of 189

OMG _ i use WORD on a daily basis at work and home, and have used computers extensively for years....and do i feel stupid that I never knew you could do that in WORD....even more stupidly - I have been printing out the letters I need in the largest number available and then trying to enlarge them more on my copier - dumb, dumb, dumb - not to mention lots of cursing and pulling out my hair......thank you cake central for teaching me more than just cakes! LOL

maladymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maladymay Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #120 of 189

I got my Kopykake 1000 last week for $120.00!! I found one on Craigslist, and had to drive an hour and a half to get it, but it was SO worth it! I've already done a bunch of cookies, and I'm excited to check it out on cakes, too. I've wanted one forever, but could never justify the cost... But for $120.00, how could I afford *not* to buy it?!

I've just been outlining in royal directly on to the cookie and then flooding it. Haven't really had any issues with getting in the way of myself as far as shadows go. It. Is. Awesome. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%