Kopykake Projector Cookies, Pls Share

Baking By ZlatkaT Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 3:07am by CookiesinLA

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:45pm
post #181 of 189

sorry, I guess we're still having trouble posting pictures. If you'd like to see the pics, visit my website at marias buckeyes favors dot com. They're in the product gallery.

Bye!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:54pm
post #182 of 189

I got a projector with a whole bunch of decorating stuff cheap off of Craigslist! I hope to add to this post soon!!!

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:27am
post #183 of 189

Guess what, have been looking at projectors, saw this link and have finally had time to read all 13pages of this thread!!!

$859.95 to get the 1000 here in australia... far out....

There were 2 posts earlier that said they didnt want theirs any more. Are they still for sale??? How much do you think it would cost to send to Australia???? got to be cheaper than buying one here, especially since our dollar is at .95 us....

A couple of the stores dont ship to australia, was also thinking of having one sent to a friend and have them on send it... would that be too difficult to do or ask of them?

thanks for all the info here, it has REALLY helped.

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:47am
post #184 of 189

ok I have a question...do you need a projector if you have an edible image printer??? what does one do verses the other?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:52pm
post #185 of 189

A projector allows you to copy a mirror image of a picure you put in the little overhead projector. An edible printer allows you to print logos, picures, or anything you can download and or scan onto your computer onto edible paper/frosting sheets. I decorate cookies and I bought an edible printer a few yrs ago. I've used it alot for putting logo's and other photo type stuff on cookies, then all you really need to do after that is some kind of border. I recently bought a kopykake projector, I've only used it a few times. I hope to be doing more with it, I found pix in coloring books and clipart that I can copy onto the cookie and then fill in with color and detail.

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:54am
post #186 of 189

With the edible printer, you have to buy edible printing sheets, the ink, sometimes replacement heads. With the projector all you need is the surface you are copying to (cookie/cake), and then your icing or edible pens.

When you're doing a ton of cookies that need the same pic/logo, the printer is very worthwhile. You do need to maintain it, esp if you use it only occasionally by cleaning the heads. The projector is very handy for odds and ends copying, and I love love love it for centering words. No maintenance required except for dusting and bulb replacement.

I have both, but if I had to choose one over the other, it would definitely be the projector!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 4:23am
post #187 of 189

ok now i get it thanks for the info...now I'll add a projector to my wish list icon_biggrin.gif

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:12am
post #188 of 189

At this moment I think you're making the right choice. I am so frustrated with my printer today..I'm trying to get certain shade of yellow and I can't seem to get it. Less headaches with the projector.

Have fun..

CookiesinLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiesinLA Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 3:07am
post #189 of 189

Best tutorial I've seen on the Kopykake projectors: http://sweetopia.net/2010/06/decorating-cookies-with-a-kopykake-projector/

Very detailed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%