I Need Something, Not Sure What....

Lounge By ccr03 Updated 29 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 7

So, it's long/complicated, but I may run into my sister that I haven't seen or talked to AT ALL since July at my other sister's house tonight. I'm feeling all weird inside and stuff. (sigh) It shouldn't be weird, but it is.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here - comfort, words of wisdom maybe? icon_sad.gif

6 replies
dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 7

I hope you can show up and know that you are not a bad person and do not have to put up with attitude from anyone.

Whatever the strain is between you two, you can either ignore each other or be cordial or talk about the problem. Just don't fight, walk away and remember you are better than that.

ccr03 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks!

There definitely will not be any fighting. Without getting all into it, I miss her terribly and love her so much, but she has made it very clear to me and the rest of the family that she really doesn't want us in her life.

We'll end up being cordial to each other.

We'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't go because either she's flaky like that or my other sister tells her I'm going and she'll make up some excuse to not go b/c I'll be there.

I'll be fine.

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

You mean other families have those issues??? I've got several family members who are goofy that way, one being my son who disowned me when I got remarried. He's somewhat cordial when I see him once a year on Thanksgiving (not held at my house or he wouldn't come), but basically treats me like dirt.

ccr03 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7

Oh my goodness - are your son and my sister secretly the same ppl????

Pookie - is it okay to say that I smiled knowing that we're not the only ppl. dealing with goofy people?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 7

Just treat her like you would a stranger you met at someone's house...be polite but don't ask a million questions about what's been going on in her life.

My sister goes through phases where she won't have anything to do with me or my kids. I'm here when she gets over it and wants to be friends again, but I don't go out of my way to try to make up with her anymore.

ccr03 Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 7

Texas_Rose that is great advice! I am definitely going to keep that one in my back pocket for next time.

Well, it was more the emotions that got to me than anything else. She didn't go - shocker icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks a lot ladies! I say I'm over the situation, but obviously it still hurts. Thank you so much for letting me get this one moment out. Luckily it turned out to be nothing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%