Hi And Thank You

Decorating By mrsc808 Updated 2 Nov 2009 , 6:00am by kaseyrconnect

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:31am
post #1 of 20

Hi, If this is the wrong board, I apologize but I am new and learning my way around.

I just wanted to thank you for having this great site full of fantastic advice. I am brand new to cake making and am teaching myself and finding this site has just provided me with reading material for days and days so THANK YOU and I apologize in advance for an faux paus I may make and the amount of questions I may have.

19 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 20

Hi mrsc808,
welcome to CC and ask all you want someone will try to answer, lots of talented members willing to help.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 7:27am
post #3 of 20

Hello & Welcome to Cake Central, mrsc808!

This is a wondrous place filled with caring, giving people. You will LOVE it here. thumbs_up.gif

Be sure and click on the Warning on the left side of the page. We all know exactly how it is icon_wink.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 20

Welcome, Mrs. C! (Why do I feel like Fonzy from Happy Days? icon_lol.gif )

Enjoy the site -- I literally learn something new on here every single day!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 20

That's what CC is all about, sharing and helping!

Welcome!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 20

Welcome, you will see all levels of skills on this site. You will also see the same type of questions asked over and over again. Everyone is gracious and answers each time, even though they've done it before. It is my attitude that the only "dumb" questions are the ones that aren't asked. No faux pas around here!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 20

Welcome Mrs C!!!

You will find tons of info here and tons of people that will help with the sugar block, and crumbs in the balfreys. But please take this caution to heart for real:

THIS SITE IS TRULY 100% ADDICTIVE!!!!

Please make sure that your family has some sort of self-reliance on lunch/dinner. You may be too busy to tend to their regular needs. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, your life will never be the same and welcome to our world!! thumbs_up.gif

Donna

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 20

Welcome to Cake Central!

I have to agree, the people over here are really nice. All the people above my comment are super nice and helpful.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 20

Welcome to CC.
You will get lots of help here, Just ask and your questions will be answered.

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 20

I LOOOOOOVE this website! Welcome!

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #11 of 20

Glad to have you on CC. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have learned from everyone here in just a few months! It is pretty addictive though. icon_lol.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:28pm
post #12 of 20

welcome mrsc808 icon_smile.gif
this site is so addictive i agree.so much so that i flooded my bathroom this morning because i was too busy catching up on what had happened since yesterday evening icon_redface.gif

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 8:57pm
post #13 of 20

Oh my! That sounds like a terrible mess. Fortunately, I haven't done that yet. icon_smile.gif

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:06pm
post #14 of 20

Welcome to CC! We are more than willing to answer your questions. And you are forgiven in advance - we have all made many mistakes along the way.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm
post #15 of 20

welcome

CC is just a wonderful place.

Be sure and post pics of your cakes. We wanna see icon_lol.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm
post #16 of 20

Welcome mrs.C to The CC family, for the most part the people on this site are caring, kind & helpful. There is always something new & remember, the day any of us stop learning .......is the day we die!

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 12:52am
post #17 of 20

Welcome to CC icon_biggrin.gif Dont be shy to ask questions even the silliest icon_biggrin.gif People here are very nice, helpful and has good sense of humor icon_biggrin.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #18 of 20

Welcome aboard, MrsC...you will absolutely LOVE this site!! I have grown so much as a baker and decorator (even though I still have A LOT to learn) since I joined the CC community! I so agree with Superstar...the day any of us stop learning is the day we die. That is one of my favorite sayings. Well...I guess we will all live forever as long as we are members of CC because I know that I learn something new everyday icon_biggrin.gif

Happy decorating icon_biggrin.gif

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:31am
post #19 of 20

Thank you all for the welcome! It is pretty addiditive. I keep bouncing all over the place because I get side tracked clicking on a link in a thread.

JGMB, that's what I was thinking when I did my name - you're the first person to say anything about it.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:00am
post #20 of 20

Welcome to CC, MrsC. You will learn tons from this site. There is so much talent here and so much knowledge being shared. It is so true that this is addictive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%