I've Been Asked To Take Part In A Tv Show!!

Decorating By CakeWhizz Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 10:49am by CakeWhizz

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:45pm
post #31 of 95

Hi there, I recently did Britains Best Dish for ITV. My advice for you is just enjoy the experience whatever happens. I had a whale of a time. This is not something you get to do every day, so if it does go wrong (I'm sure it wont) just laugh it off and move on.

Just make sure you set the Sky+ box when you're gonna be on, and then you can keep it and show it off for years.

Good luck.

Let us Brits know when it's gonna be on so we can watch it.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #32 of 95

Hi Janeoxo. I loved that show. What did you do and what region did you represent?

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:10pm
post #33 of 95

Although not originally from there, I represented the Midlands and did the orange meringue pie with vanilla ice cream made using duck eggs.

eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:11pm
post #34 of 95

OOh do you know what channel that is on in Virgin Media? Would love to watch it not sure if I get that channel though!!! I am in the uk too so let us know when it airs.....and GOOD LUCK!!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:19pm
post #35 of 95

Congratulations CakeWhizz--hope that the future keeps looking brighter and brighter!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:32pm
post #36 of 95

That is super exciting! I wonder who you will get to meet! Have a wonderful time with it!!!

CakeWhizz Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:50pm
post #37 of 95

Thanks ladies! It will be airing next year on Wedding TV Freesat 400, Sky 266. Some of the other contestants are big names (two have written best selling cake books!!), so it will be interesting to see what we come up with.

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:09pm
post #38 of 95

Hi Ladies,

Just to let you know that I finished filming the final part the show today. I can hardly believe it and it hasn't quite sunk in yet but I actually won in ALL three caegories against very stiff competition!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your support. I couldn't have done it without you. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how.

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #39 of 95

That is awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:30pm
post #40 of 95

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:40pm
post #41 of 95

Thanks Wiltonlady!

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:41pm
post #42 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLynn

That is awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks TerriLynn

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:48pm
post #43 of 95

Congratulations CakeWhizz

Relax and do your thing! You know you are good, now just calm yourself down and go to your destiny thumbs_up.gif Many blessings to you!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:52pm
post #44 of 95

Wow! That is so cool! Congratulations! Sadly, I'm in the US. Any chance of this airing on BBC America?

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:20pm
post #45 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2BakeCakes

Congratulations CakeWhizz

Relax and do your thing! You know you are good, now just calm yourself down and go to your destiny thumbs_up.gif Many blessings to you!

Aww. Thank you so much for your well wishes

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:23pm
post #46 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Wow! That is so cool! Congratulations! Sadly, I'm in the US. Any chance of this airing on BBC America?

Thanks! I don't know if it will be shown on BBC America but it will be shown on Wedding TV's website.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:57pm
post #47 of 95

I am sooooo excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you were gonna do great. If you get a link that has the show posted online anywhere, PLEASE post it so we can all see the show, or any part of it. I'm so happy for you.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:05pm
post #48 of 95

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the pitures??? You can tape it for us and post it somewhere that we can watch right? Like youtube or something...? How exciting!!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:46pm
post #49 of 95

Congratulations!!!! Have fun!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:59pm
post #50 of 95

You won in all three categories!!! Wow - now that calls for lots of champagne cupcakes or something. Congratulations!!

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:23am
post #51 of 95

That is so awesome! Hope you can figure out a way for us all to watch it. Congratulations!

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:22am
post #52 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

I am sooooo excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you were gonna do great. If you get a link that has the show posted online anywhere, PLEASE post it so we can all see the show, or any part of it. I'm so happy for you.

Thank you!! I really appreciate all your support and the fact that you always had faith in me. I will post a link as soon as the programme airs. I think the three programmes will be shown early next year.

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:24am
post #53 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the pitures??? You can tape it for us and post it somewhere that we can watch right? Like youtube or something...? How exciting!!!!

Thanks Sadsmile (love the pig by the way!). Great idea about posting on you tube. Will do so.

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:25am
post #54 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Congratulations!!!! Have fun!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Thanks Jennifer! I hope to be as good as you and Sugarshack some day.

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:28am
post #55 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

You won in all three categories!!! Wow - now that calls for lots of champagne cupcakes or something. Congratulations!!

Thanks Spuddysmom. I still can't believe it myself. I was hoping to win in one category and I would have been grateful, but to win in all three was beyond my wildes dreams!

CakeWhizz Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:30am
post #56 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycaker

That is so awesome! Hope you can figure out a way for us all to watch it. Congratulations!

Thanks Countrycaker. Once again CC has been to the rescue. I will post clips on youtube once the production team send me some footage.

venuscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venuscakes Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 11:43am
post #57 of 95

Just got the answer to the email I sent you.

Well folks I can tell you that this lady got all three of her cakes chosen!

Congratulations and well done

I can tell you this because I took part with her. I had a great day and got two of my three cakes chosen

I am gonna get some pics posted and I am sure cakewhizz wioll do the same.

Now that we are not spending every waking moment cake decorating.

Amanda

CakeWhizz Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 11:56am
post #58 of 95

Thanks Amanda! Ladies, you should see Amanda's entries. They were absolutely beautiful and the detail was fantastic!. I predicted she would win in the two categories and she did! She also generously shared some of her techniques and gave me some tips regarding suppliers etc. So not only is she a talented baker, she is a lovely person too.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 1:27am
post #59 of 95

Congratulations to you both. And I have to say, it's so nice seeing something like this where competitors are so supportive of each other. Caking has to be one of the best people jobs there is. I'm happy for you both and can't wait to see pictures of both your cakes.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 1:49am
post #60 of 95

CakeWhizz and Amanda, I'm so excited for you both! Congratulations!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%