Do You Know Of Any Cake Decorating Amgazines? Can't Find Any

Decorating By aej6 Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 7:15pm by tracey1970

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:41am
post #1 of 14

I am wondering if there are magazines specifically related to cake decorating? I have looked all over and can't find any..
Do they exist?
Could you share with me the title and where you get it?

thanks!

13 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 14

Here is a website where you can find both Mailbox News and American Cake Decorating Magazines: http://www.americancakedecorating.com

There are others as well, including the Wilton Yearbook, and one called just Wedding Cakes.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 14

Wedding Cakes is, to me, the ultimate best cake magz out there. It is NOTHING but cakes. It's an England publication, so the styles and designs are very English ... very incredible ..... very awesome! Some CC'ers have had their cakes published in this mag!

http://www.squires-group.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_squires&id=10&Itemid=1

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 14

I'm with Deby, I LOVE the wedding cakes mag. I also like American Cake Dec. as well. The overseas publication is pricey... but when you figure per issue, it really is not that bad.

Jen icon_smile.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 14

Glad I stumbled across this post - I was wondering if there were any good mags on cake! I just subscribed to both Wedding Cakes and American Cake Decorating.

Thanks!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:10pm
post #6 of 14

I agree. You can purchase the Wedding Cakes magazine at Barnes and Nobles or Borders.

If you sign up to be on t Border's email list to get discount coupons.

I prefer to purchase the magazine at the bookstore instead of getting a subscription.

I can browse through the magazine to see if I want that issue.

Also check Michae's and Joann's sometimes they have cake decorating magazines. Be sure to use a discount coupon for 50% off.

If you have access to Costco membership somethimes you can get cake magazines and books cheap

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 14

Thank you very much for the ideas!!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 14

I ordered Mailbox News and canceled the day after I got my first issue - which took forever to get to me. What a waste of money. The cakes on CC are far better then anything I saw in that magazine.

I am STILL WAITING for my American Cake Decorating magazine - ordered that the same time I ordered Mailbox News and it will be going on three months. I called last week asking where my Oct/Nov issue was and they said - oh...you should be getting it any day! Still have not received it. I will cancel it if I don't get it soon.

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 14

I called American Cake Decorating and the Oct/Nov issue will be mailed 2nd or 3rd week in November I was told.

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 14

Carefull, Michaels wont let you use coupons on any books or magazines.

Zee4040 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zee4040 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:02pm
post #11 of 14

I thought I was the only one having issues with American Cake Decorating magazine. My magazine order took forever to arrive and they skipped issues. Has anyone experienced this?

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:26pm
post #12 of 14

american cake decorating takes quite a while to get rolling when you first subscribe to it. Is was months for me too. Just the way it goes with that. Wedding Cakes magazine. SIGH. One of my favorites. I'm always in the book store asking for it. Thinking it's been a while since the last one. I'm just too impatient. I've gotten great ideas from it. I love all of the ideas they come up with.

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm
post #13 of 14

I get Cake craft and decoration magazine.
I am in the Uk so dont know where you would buy it in US but it is an Anglo American publication and is available in US. You can look at www.expressmag.com

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 14

There have a been a few threads started on here from disgruntled subscribers to ACD and Mailbox News. I ordered a subscription to both last November. I had to e-mail and ask where my magazines were in May - I hadn't received ANY issues at all at that point. I have been sent a few since then, but all were months past the issue date. Someone on here said that the company had moved offices recently and was backed up because of it, but that was some time ago. I know that I will not be renewing my subscription next month. In fact, I doubt I will ever get all the issues I initially paid for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%