Need Information/tutorial For Airbrushing

Decorating By mummiecakes Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm by mummiecakes

mummiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mummiecakes Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:57am
post #1 of 4

Hello there,
I'm a bit of a novice compared to many on this board, but have recently acquired my first airbrush. I am so excited to get working with it. Got it all assembled today, but it came with VERY little in the way of instruction. So, I have a few questions. 1. Are there different 'tips' or something like that to purchase which would determine the diameter of the spray? 2. Is it okay to use hot water to clean it, or do I need a cleaner and what is the best way to be sure it's clean? 3. Are there any good tutorials or e-books that anyone would recommend for technique? ANY help is greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
julibel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julibel Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 4

What I did when I first started with the airbrush, I got a coloring book and practiced, practiced, practiced. you can ajust your spray by moving inclose for fine spray and pulling back for more all over spray. i use both cleaner and hot water to clean. if you run cleaner through you air gun after each use it will keep it from clogging, I run it in a hot bowl of water between colors and spray onto a paper towel to make sure the color runs out. Hope this helps you out a bit

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:36am
post #3 of 4

Go to youtube and type in airbrushing tutorial.There are some good ones on there!HTH

mummiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mummiecakes Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both so much...I am looking forward to experimenting icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%