Cookie Stencil Problems!

Decorating By PinkLisa Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 12:24am by tatorchip

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 7

I made decorated cookies for the first time and used a food stencil for the first time. I loved how my cookies came out and covered them with fondant. I watched several video tutorials on stenciling cookies. I just couldn't get the stenciled design to be has "sharp" as I would like. The picture is in my photos (the witch and castle cakes in the back). Any advice would be welcome.

6 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 7

I think it looks pretty sharp in the picture...did you "pounce" the color on? like in the video? I've seen some on here, cant think of who it is now but she uses ri and "spackles" the icing onto the cookie they look reall good. I wonder if you do a search in the cookie gallery for stencil, she used the same witch stencil as well.

PinkLisa Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 7

I picked the best ones for the picture and the photo hides some of the imperfections. I did pounce but the stencil kept lifting even if I used shortening on the back. I didn't have a stencil brush though. Maybe that was the problem!!! I just used a regular brush I had on hand. These cookies are for my kids friends but I really take any chance to "practice" skills to be ready to launch my business. I always want my work to be professional otherwise I won't sell it someday. I'll take a look at the other cookies you mention. Practice makes perfect right? These were my practice and I now realized I need MORE! I was happy though with my piping skills. I have alwasy been afraid that I couldn't do thaticon_smile.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 7

PinkLisa, you should pm cookiemookie, she does amazing cookie stencilwork...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-cookiemookie.html

PinkLisa Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks! I will pm her. What beautiful work!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 7

Yes thats who I was thinking of.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:24am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

PinkLisa, you should pm cookiemookie, she does amazing cookie stencilwork...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-cookiemookie.html

thanks for sharing cookiemookie is awesome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%