Cake, Cake, Cake.....

Decorating By cshelz Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 11

What do you all do with the practice cakes you have made? I don't sell yet and do not want to eat them. I am on a DIET! lol I don't want to throw them away.

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 11

Give them to a neighbor,Take it to Dr's office or dentist office..Hair Salon, Real Estate office etc...

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 11

You can give them away to friends and neighbors, for a church function, retirement homes, send to work with hubby, teachers if you have kids, shelters are always good.

Hope this helps

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 11

I have taken mine to work. Free food always disappears quickly at my office!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:59am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshelz

What do you all do with the practice cakes you have made? I don't sell yet and do not want to eat them. I am on a DIET! lol I don't want to throw them away.

Donating them to homeless shelters, food pantries or drug treatment facilities can go a long way to brighten some other peoples' day.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 11

I give them to ANYONE who will take them. As long as they arent here. I wanted to try out a new choc. cake receipe, so i made a couple 6 inchs. Well my one friends came and pick up one but other person who was supposed to take cake number 2 didnt show up. After 1 1/2 days my willpower crumbled and I ended up eatting the WHOLE thing over the weekend!! (ugg so ashamed lol) I hope you have more willpower than I do!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #7 of 11

use cake dummies

laidbackluvvie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laidbackluvvie Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 11

i have 14 grandchildren so i dont have that problem, iv always got a birthday.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 11

I also used dummies to practice decoration but for actual food i took it into work and it was all gone in about 20 minutes every time!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 11

Donate them, there has to be some place that would like cake icon_smile.gif Firestation.... old folks home...

Jen icon_smile.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 11

I either use dummies, or if I want to try a new cake recipe, I keep a small portion (make a 6" cake for the family) and give the rest to the teachers at my kid's school. They never get enough appreciation (or a big enough paycheque), IMHO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%