Cookie Recommendations, Please :d

Baking By pikle Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm by MichelleM77

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 7

Okay, I usually do sugar cookies with RI for treats to hand out at school parties. This year, our teacher is really going for a healthier alternative at the parties and requested cookies without a lot of frosting or sugar on them. It's for 1st graders, and I am drawing a blank on a good cookie recipe for them. Any thoughts or ideas??? I would be sooo appreciative!!!

Thanks!!
Nicole

6 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:26am
post #2 of 7

Oatmeal cookies with dried fruit (raisins, golden raisins, apples, cherries).

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 7

Peanut butter cookies....most kids love 'em!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:28am
post #4 of 7

For first graders, i'd go with either oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips, or peanut butter cookies.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:37am
post #5 of 7

Hmmmm, just had a thought. With all the peanut/nut allergies you hear of lately, PB cookies might NOT be the way to go. icon_sad.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:48am
post #6 of 7

Maybe gingerbread cut outs with simple decorations like raisins or a thin line of royal to accent? Or even sugar cookies with the same...small accents--like outlining it with a very thin line of royal-- but little to no real "icing"...that way they are still fun and cute but not overwhelmingly sweet.

I know I just made sugar cookie cutouts this week and have been letting my kids eat the extras without icing and they like them just fine, and they contain less sugar than oatmeal cookies do. (Although oatmeal cookies are YUM with all the sweet buttery goodness!!! Mmmm I love them with diced apples!)

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 7

I actually prefer the sugar cookies plain. I vote for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Kids don't even realize they are getting a little bit of goodness. icon_smile.gif Maybe make a few w/o the chocolate chips in case there are any chocolate allergies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%