Nfsc Question

Baking By sweetcreationsbiz Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm by KHalstead

sweetcreationsbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbiz Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 8

This will be my 1st time using this recipe.

Can I just make the dough up and store in a glass pyrex bowl until I need them tomorrow or should I do the roll between parchment paper.

I only need 37 elephant cookies for sunday plus I have other cakes to bake too so its ideal to get the dough done and frozen 1st.

OR can I roll the fresh dough out and cut my shapes then freeze?

Need help Please icon_smile.gif

7 replies
mom2abc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2abc Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 8

Surely you can make the dough today and wrap it up and put it in the fridge for tomorrow. I made mine a day ahead but I rolled it between parchment paper then put it in the fridge. When I went to use it the next day, it was perfect. I love the parchment idea. Good luck!

sweetcreationsbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbiz Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 8

I think I may try the parchment idea

Thanks

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 8

what's the parchment idea?

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 8

Def make ahead and roll between parchment, then put in the fridge. If you just leave it in the bowl, it takes forever to come back to room temp so that you can roll it out and cut. You'll be kicking yourself tomorrow - trust me, I did that with my first batch and was NOT happy about it. Good luck - they're yummy cookies!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't had good luck with keeping my dough from drying out in the fridge, so if I can't bake right away I will cut out my shapes and freeze. Either way I roll between parchment. Pull from the freezer and bake when you can (I only freeze for maybe overnight, never longer).

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 8

Either way will work. Going ahead and cutting the shapes, or even rolling it flat between 2 sheets of parchment will put you some steps ahead. But when I make a batch of this stuff, I always make at least a double batch and store the leftover in a bowl in the 'frig, covered tightly with (commercial grade) saran wrap. It holds up for a long time.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 8

I've frozen, thawed, and refrozen this stuff too and never noticed a difference. If you've got the time I'd roll it out and cut out all the shapes and pop them in the freezer, that way all you have to do is pull out the cookie shapes, pop em' on a cookie sheet and into a hot oven. No messing with the dough at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%