Ever Seen This In A Jug Of Milk?

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 21 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm by redpanda

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 18

Yesterday I opened a new jug of milk and poured a glass for my daughter. When I tilted the jug back up, there was a long strand of something between the glass and the milk jug. I kept moving the jug, and the strand reached about 18 inches before it broke. It looked like a long booger made out of milk, and when I wiped it up, it was thick and gooey.

I took the jug back to the store and returned it. I told the store employee that it had a "milk booger" because I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. He was giggling while he refunded my $2.69 icon_biggrin.gif

But now I'm wondering what on earth it was? It wasn't like the skin that forms on a pan of milk when it's boiled, it was clear in some spots.

17 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 18

Sometimes, it's best not to know.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 18

I'll go withe PP on that one. Ewww!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 18

I wonder if it was a portion of the plastic jug that didn't set up right or something? That's gross!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 18

Ew. Where's the barfing emoticon?

Texas_Rose Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 18

The bad thing is, my little kiddo who doesn't grow much was watching me pour the glass of milk. We keep telling her she has to drink milk so she can grow...but who wants to drink milk after they see the milk booger?

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 18

I am lactose intolerant, now I know why, the damn milk boogers!

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:14am
post #8 of 18

My cheeks hurt from laughing

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #9 of 18

milk booger...hehe

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:32am
post #10 of 18

That is so nasty! What the heck could that have been?

Hey, I had something weird in an egg that still bothers me as to what it was. It was a solid oval-shaped thing about the size of a small grape that was a milky white color, and it was just inside the egg in the eggwhite. Was that an egg booger?

Elise87 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:41am
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That is so nasty! What the heck could that have been?

Hey, I had something weird in an egg that still bothers me as to what it was. It was a solid oval-shaped thing about the size of a small grape that was a milky white color, and it was just inside the egg in the eggwhite. Was that an egg booger?

Oh yeh, that is the first thing i thought of when i heard about the milk booger lol

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:51am
post #12 of 18

*GAG*
Milk and egg boogers.

Texas_Rose Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:58am
post #13 of 18

costumeczar, maybe that was a fertilized egg that had developed partway, but not enough to be recognizable, but past the dot of blood stage.

Anyhow, DH used to work at the plant that processes the milk. He wasn't surprised at all about the milk booger but he couldn't guess what it was either.

Elise87 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 1:58am
post #14 of 18

i think that part of the egg is like a membrane, doesn't make it sound any more appetizing icon_razz.gif

or maybe we are talking about different things, I am talking about like that clearish googy bit that dangles and takes a bit of giggling to detach from the egg shell once you have broken it hehe

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 2:41am
post #15 of 18

Texas Rose, I think you're right, that was what I was thinking. This wasn't the membrane, it was a solid thing, like a waxy texture in the shape of a tiny egg inside the egg.

Eeeewww...

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 4:01am
post #16 of 18

i just threw up a little in my mouth. (not really... it's just a stupid saying me and my friends say about something that is SICK!)

*walks away gagging*

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:04pm
post #17 of 18

So happy i don't drink milk...but my son will drink a gallon a day and as much as a gallon of milk costs here ($3.99) I will be paying more attention to what may be lurking in the container!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Texas Rose, I think you're right, that was what I was thinking. This wasn't the membrane, it was a solid thing, like a waxy texture in the shape of a tiny egg inside the egg.

Eeeewww...

That actually sounds kind of like "conjoined twins", egg-style. It's really rare, but an underdeveloped egg, usually yolkless, can end up inside another egg during the egg-production process. The regular egg is usually bigger than normal, but if the egg inside was really small, this might not have been the case.

In that context, you just had a baby egg inside the full sized one. Sort of like the itty bitty baby bell pepper that you sometimes find inside a big pepper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%