2 Color Gumpaste Ribbon How To???

Decorating By jolie1977 Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm by TexasSugar

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 6

Could anyone shed any light on how to make a two colored bow like the one in this cake? I mean the two color part of it? Do you simply "glue" the two strips together, then imprint them and proceed to making the ribbon?
LL

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have an answer but will be waiting with you to find out!<G>

Cat

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 6

hi... you lay your pink sausage roll in the middle.. white sausage rolls on each side.. roll out to your thickness.. then use an impression roller or mat.. this one has a design.. then use your pizza cutter or some kind of cutter. and cut the peices for the bow.. hth at least .. that is how i was taught 14 yrs. ago.. if it was like a little band of white then you would glue these peices to the pink.. or if it was string of samll pearls.. hope i have helped you

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much! That DID help! It makes complete sense! I shall give it a try tonight! thumbs_up.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 6

A bow like that is when I wish I could afford a sheeter! But icer101 is correct.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 6

Since it looks like the cake was sprayed over with pearl dust it could also have been airbrushed. You could also paint the color on too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%