Help

Baking By txmom9802 Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 4:01pm by LaBellaFlor

txmom9802 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txmom9802 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing my first wedding cake, an emergency situation, the lady that was doing their cake had a death in the family, and so just called to see if I could do it...... icon_eek.gif It is a stacked cake 14, 12,10, and 8. They want white cake. So, I need a good recipe that will hold up. I have never done a white cake always do chocolate, or yellow from scratch. I have no problem with this short of notice doing a box mix, but wonder if the white box mix will be dense enough? Any help please!!!!! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
loulou758 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou758 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 5

I know I'm brand new here, but I would suggest the WASC recipe. Its posted here in the recipe section (sorry don't have the link). It's a white almond sour cream cake, & I think the flavor is perfect for a wedding cake. Its based on a mix, but its plenty dense enough. The recipe is also very easily manipulated to make other flavors (check out a thread called 'Gourmet Flavors')!! I love this recipe and now that I've tried it won't use any other recipe ever!!
Good luck on such short notice and congrats on your order!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou758

I know I'm brand new here, but I would suggest the WASC recipe. Its posted here in the recipe section (sorry don't have the link). It's a white almond sour cream cake, & I think the flavor is perfect for a wedding cake. Its based on a mix, but its plenty dense enough. The recipe is also very easily manipulated to make other flavors (check out a thread called 'Gourmet Flavors')!! I love this recipe and now that I've tried it won't use any other recipe ever!!
Good luck on such short notice and congrats on your order!

I agree, I love the WASC recipe and use it often

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 5

Oh yes, I would also suggest the WASC recipe if you want to start from a box.

Many people actually use straight up box mix cakes under fondant. Just make sure you have a very reliable support system.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 5

The cake does not matter, it's if you support the cake properly that counts in a wedding cake. You can use any box mix you want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%