Any Thoughts About A Double Oven Range?

Decorating By musselmom Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 11:56am by CookieD-oh

musselmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musselmom Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 3

I think I'm going to get a whirlpool double oven range - The top oven is really short. I read the owner's manual and it looks as if there is no problem baking cakes in it. You can't do angel food cakes or use a loaf pan etc. I'm hoping it will really speed up the time spent baking. (more time to decorate icon_biggrin.gif ) Does anyone have this oven and are you happy with it???

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:03am
post #2 of 3

if its the one i'm thinking of. I would call around and see if someone has it on display, so you can take a look at it. Personally it wasn't for me, so i can't give you any info on how it bakes. We passed on it cause the bottom (large oven) seemed to low to me to be comfortable. And the top oven wasn't any bigger then a small microwave.

We ended up going with a microwave/convection oven with a regular range instead.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 11:56am
post #3 of 3

I have one and I'm pretty happy with it. It's hard to get a level cake out of the top oven (I think because it's so small, the back cooks faster than the front), but for lots of cookies it can't be beat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%