Filling Question...please Help!

Decorating By cbearsmom_07 Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 3:09am by LaBellaFlor

cbearsmom_07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cbearsmom_07 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, I'm making a birthday cake for a coworker. He wanted a cherry filled cake decorated with fondant. I have already baked, filled, and frozen the cake. I need to ice it with buttercream tonight and decorate with the fondant decorations today. I will be bringing it to work to him tomorrow and it will be eaten on Saturday. Is it okay to leave the filled cake out of the refrigerator for a couple of days and then refrigerate once the cake has been cut? I know you are not supposed to refrigerate fondant. If I would have known better from the beginning...

7 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 8

What does your cherry filling consist of? That will determine if it needs the fridge. The buttercream and fondant will be fine out of the fridge.

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 8

What kind of filling is it...is it cherry filling from the shelf stable sleeves or is it something you made fresh or from a can? The only thing I would feel comfortable with leaving out for that amount of time is the sleeved filling. Other than that I would refrigerate for sure.

cbearsmom_07 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 8

It's the sleeved shelf kind. Basically looks like jelly with cherries. Doesn't seem to be a "creamed" style filling. There is no ingredient information on the package.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8

It will be fine out on the counter at room temp.

steffb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffb Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 8

What type of buttercream are you using? If you are using and IMBC, I would refridgerate it but if not, it sounds like it should be fine left out.

cbearsmom_07 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:02am
post #7 of 8

Thanks ladies! It's just a "non spoiling" buttercream. Instructor said that you can keep it room temp for 9 months. It's awesome! I'm posting a pic of the cake in my photos now. Tell me what you think!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:09am
post #8 of 8

IMBC can sit fine on the counter as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%