Very Strange

Lounge By cylstrial Updated 28 Oct 2009 , 5:17pm by kellyanne1981

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 48

Does anyone else think this is strange? This is the email I got from Martha today. LOL.

P.S. I'm not going to decorate my child like this. HA.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/roast-turkey-costume?xsc=eml_crd_2009_10_13

47 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 48

icon_confused.gif

nadine_n Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadine_n Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 48

I'm pretty horrified. I don't have children, but if I did I certainly wouldn't dress one up like that!

kiki07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki07 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 48

Well, at least the baby will be warm, I guess.

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 48

Wow that is strange!

A roast turkey, platter and all???

That is a little creepy to me. icon_biggrin.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 48

Ha! actually putting the baby on the platter is what is especially disturbing. I'm all for dressing my kids up as food, I've done peapods... bananas but actually laying them out as if you were going to eat them... eeewwww.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 48

That is so hilarious!

cylstrial Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki07

Well, at least the baby will be warm, I guess.

LOL! I guess that's true.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 48

ROFL. HAHAHHAHAHA! I guess you could say he's so cute I could eat hiim up.

Could you see other parents faces at a cake walk. Hahahaha

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:41pm
post #10 of 48

omg - that is freakin' hilarious!!!!!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 48

I got this as well and thought it was a joke at first. I wouldn't do this either. It's gross! JMHO

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:47pm
post #12 of 48

Oh my.... icon_cool.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:49pm
post #13 of 48

Having seen tons of "fun" ideas gone wrong in the ER, I shudder to think of what people who actually do this costume will be putting near their babies as far as choking hazards, or as far as putting a baby on a table and potentially leaving him/her there "while they get the camera" .... if you know what I mean. I know, I'm jaded .... but I can't help but squirm ...

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 48

OH MY! That's funny, hilarious, shocking, disturbing all rolled into one. And based on the look on the little munchkin's face, he's not too thrilled at the idea either.

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:55pm
post #15 of 48

oh no that's just not right icon_lol.gif It reminds me of Nanny McPHee where the kids pretend to eat the baby urgh....

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:55pm
post #16 of 48

HAHAHAHAHA! go back and read the notice at the bottom of the page.
Please becareful when laying chid on table.Hahahahaha

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:58pm
post #17 of 48

Martha has lost it! That is disgusting and stupid. I cannot believe that she would even put that on her site.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:59pm
post #18 of 48

Sombody's been drinking too much caffiene!

That is just wrong -- a turkey - really???? That's worse than dressing up as Santa for halloween!!

Whatever happened to the cute little pumpkin pajamas my kids wore!

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:03pm
post #19 of 48

Your other kids could go as pilgrams and Indians or corn and fish. LOL! He certainly is a little Butterball!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:58pm
post #20 of 48

That's adorable!--Hey my kid was a tomato one year--granted he was a little older and walking--he did turn out to be a chef...could be worse huh considering some of those costumes out there...

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 10:10pm
post #21 of 48

At least the baby isn't in a cake!! (Don't get ideas, anybody....) Ha!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm
post #22 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by luddroth

At least the baby isn't in a cake!! (Don't get ideas, anybody....) Ha!

i could actually see this being ADORABLE! icon_biggrin.gif (though... it kinda rings "cakewrecks" to me. you know the ones i'm talking about icon_lol.gif )

i think the turkey is HILARIOUS. i think the strange and creepy part is the platter. like... dishing up your kid?

weird.

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 10:34pm
post #23 of 48

I think it's hilarious! icon_lol.gif Let's all remember this is just for a Halloween photo op. Take the picture, everyone thinks is sooooo cute!, if the baby is sleeping and comfy cozy put him in the crib and when he wakes up change him. Don't take the costume for face value. Haven't you ever seen the weiner dog dressed up as a hot dog! What a hoot! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:53am
post #24 of 48

I think this is pretty darn cute!

Funny how "shocked" and "horrified" people are at this photo, yet barely a day goes by that some grotesque pregnant belly-with-outtie-navel-and-boobs cake is on the home page....or baby butt cakes with feet, where apparently the baby's head is shoved somewhere down inside the cake. Heck, not too long ago there was a life-size and disturbingly realistic infant cake on what looked like a cafeteria tray.

People find the strangest things okay with cake, but put a baby inside a roast turkey suit and people are revolted.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:10am
post #25 of 48

I think this is too funny

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #26 of 48

Hilarious! thanks, I needed a laugh tonight! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:02pm
post #27 of 48

LOL! Everybody has a different opinion and that's great! I just thought it as funny and that I'd share it with you.

I have no prob with the turkey costume. If they had the little kid walking around saying "Gobble, Gobble" I would think how cute. (Granted that baby can't walk to or talk). But anyway, my niece is going to be a chicken for Halloween and that doesn't bother me at all. It's just the way they had the turkey laying on the table. Like the baby was up for din din.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 6:45pm
post #28 of 48

This is too funny! I guess the baby as a pumpkin schtick is worn it course, so the next "round" item thought of was the Thanksgiving Turkey!...HA!

I think as a practical joke in the future...if my vegitarian daughter ever actually gives me a grand child I am going to make this costume for the baby's first halloween...LOL! ROFLMAO!

cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #29 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

This is too funny! I guess the baby as a pumpkin schtick is worn it course, so the next "round" item thought of was the Thanksgiving Turkey!...HA!

I think as a practical joke in the future...if my vegitarian daughter ever actually gives me a grand child I am going to make this costume for the baby's first halloween...LOL! ROFLMAO!

HAHA! It would be funny to make that costume for a vegan's child. HAHA!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 8:26pm
post #30 of 48

Umm...yeah...a baby in a turkey costume is cute, but laying the baby out on a platter like it was waiting to be carved is just warped. And yes, I'm one of those who thinks the belly cakes and fake baby cakes are just as disturbing. Ick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%