I Need Ideas For A Father Daughter Cake....1 Cake 2 Sides...

Decorating By luvhavinbgtwins Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 4:37pm by luddroth

luvhavinbgtwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 8

My good friend is throwing a surprise party for her hubby and her hubby is my hubby's best friend anyway he has a daughter who is turning 7.

The party is a surprise for her also....so I will be making 2 cakes I beleive 9X13 and putting both together to make it look like one..unless I can think of a different way...but I need to find ideas for that...1 cake 2 sides...

Thanks so much.

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 8

here is one that I did for twins one loved Indiana Jones and one loved painting and art stuff. By the way I took the pic before putting their names on the bottom of their respective side. (I forgot which one went on which side so I waited until 5 min. before delivery to call the mom and double check lol)

It was an 11"x15" cake and I literally just drew a line down the center and decorated both sides differently!
LL

luvhavinbgtwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 8

That is a cute idea....I have idea on how to seperate....I do think I am going to do a confetti cake for her w/bright colors...but I cant seem to figure out something easy for his side......I just ask what his fav color is so I am waiting...

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:18am
post #4 of 8

I think a Beauty and the Beast cake would be fun. That way you wouldn't have to make a line down the middle, it would all be together. Maybe the two characters in the middle center with the Happy Birthday message written across the bottom.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 10:58am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by emlashlee

I think a Beauty and the Beast cake would be fun. That way you wouldn't have to make a line down the middle, it would all be together. Maybe the two characters in the middle center with the Happy Birthday message written across the bottom.

Are you suggesting that the girl is Beauty and her dad is a Beast?? icon_lol.gif

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 11:17am
post #6 of 8

Another good way to divide it and have it look natural is to make it like an open book. You just carve the cakes where they meet in the middle. I have seen many very nice ones here and you could do two totally separate themes that way.

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by emlashlee

Are you suggesting that the girl is Beauty and her dad is a Beast?? icon_lol.gif

Yeah...I guess so. icon_smile.gif Except, not in a derogatory way. I think it would be cute, but the maker would have to decide if the father would get offended, or think it's charming.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 8

I made a cake for Father's Day and daughter's birthday and just decorated the cake in pink and chocolate. A pink bow for the daughter and a chocolate bow for the Dad -- all incorporated into a single design. It worked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%