800 Cookies To 5 Cities In 3 Weeks!!

Baking By ckdcr8r Updated 15 Oct 2009 , 1:29am by luv2bake6

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:12am
post #1 of 12

I am about to get this huge logo cookie order to send 160 cookies to each of 5 U.S. cities in the next 3 weeks!!! The first goes out this Friday. I was just estimating my time and product here...about 25 hours, 16 batches of NFSC, 4 full size batches of my RBC/MMF icing, and lots and lots and lots of rolling!!! Man, I sure wish I had a sheeter! icon_rolleyes.gif

11 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:37am
post #2 of 12

Man, I also hope you have an expresso machine! Good luck!

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 4:44am
post #3 of 12

wish I could help! Sounds like fun!

patiese1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patiese1 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 5:06am
post #4 of 12

maybe you should have a cookie party!! We could all come over and help!! icon_biggrin.gif I agree it sound like fun! Hope you have some coffee!!

ckdcr8r Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 5:30am
post #5 of 12

Luckily, I have it figured out to just do as much as I can for 8-10 hours each week and get ahead enough to get them shipped off in time. One goes Friday, one on the 20th, 26th, 27th, and Nov. 3rd. I make good use of my upright freezer icon_biggrin.gif Coffee is a good friend of mine, but at least this won't be an all day-all night cookiethon! I'll wait for the holiday party tray orders to come in to tackle that one... icon_wink.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 12

Wow, that's quite a feat. It's a good thing they are logo cookies so that there is not a lot of piping decorations! Good for you and good luck to you.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 12

That's so awesome though!!! Congrats!

ckdcr8r Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 12

Well, I guess I shouldn't have gotten excited so fast. The logo they sent me to use was rectangular, and I assume originally they wanted my smaller round cookies. I have done business with this company before. I told her that the logo would look better on my business card sized cookies, but they were almost twice as much. I was going to have to bake them today and hadn't heard, so I called and she was just waiting on the final decision from a colleague. She called me back and said they were going to pass on this one. I guess it's because they didn't like the look on the rounds, but didn't want to pay more for the rectangles. icon_sad.gif

Well, all is not lost. I do have an order for a giant cookie today. It's for a girl asking her friend to be her bridesmaid. It is really cute.

So, off to the bakery...

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 8:12pm
post #9 of 12

Don't worry - you'll get another great order sometime soon.

luv2bake6 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 8:18pm
post #10 of 12

Oh, that's frustrating.
How big do you make your business card cookies?

ckdcr8r Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 10:18pm
post #11 of 12

The business cards are about 2" x 3.5". They weigh almost 4 oz when they are finished. Turns out I got lucky. Well, not so much, but the magenta ink in my EI printer is behaving badly. I cleaned it like 10 times today and spent 3 hours trying to get it to work right. icon_cry.gif I usually have issues with the black, never the color. I was very frustrated, but then again thankful I didn't have to figure out how to print 800 images with no ink!! icon_mad.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:29am
post #12 of 12

How do you get a cookie cutter that size? The only one i could find close enough to fit the frosting sheet is a 4 x 3 rectangle and that's quite a bit bigger than the image.

OMG, i'm also having problems with the magenta!! Why can't these things be easier to manage? That's why i'm so afraid to take any orders. I use it primarily for family and friends.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%