When To Use Buttercream Vs Imbc??

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm by princesscatt

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:19pm
post #31 of 34

Tried the IMBC...it was easy to make but I did not like the taste at all! I was like eating a tub of butter...maybe it was just my recipe but it was not good...I ended up making Edna's buttercream recipe which is delicious...but my friend said it was a tad sweet...any recipes that will make a not so sweet buttercream?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:35pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscatt

Tried the IMBC...it was easy to make but I did not like the taste at all! I was like eating a tub of butter...maybe it was just my recipe but it was not good...I ended up making Edna's buttercream recipe which is delicious...but my friend said it was a tad sweet...any recipes that will make a not so sweet buttercream?

Too sweet, not sweet enough. It's sugar. Sometimes, ya gotta throw up your hands and say "what do you want??? icon_lol.gif

The colder a meringue based icing is, the more buttery it will taste. Room temp, it's pretty dang perfect.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 4:36pm
post #33 of 34

I've been using this IMBC recipe from a book I found under Google Books:

Cooking by James Peterson:

http://books.google.com/books?id=tfEsSiP14lEC&lpg=PP1&dq=Cooking%20by%20James%20Peterson&pg=PA435#v=onepage&q=&f=false

It's not too sweet or buttery, IMO.

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #34 of 34

Maybe that was my problem that I had refrigerated the icing...plus the recipe i used had 1lb of butter...i'm a buttercream lover though....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%