Turrets For Castle Cake- Help?

Decorating By luvscakes Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 8:20pm by vagostino

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 9

Hi,

I'm making a castle cake and while I know that I will be wrapping PVC for the actual turrets, I'm not sure how to make the tops for them.
I've searched and it comes up with nothing for the forums although I'm sure this has been asked before.

Any help you can give is appreciated!

8 replies
diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 9

Lots of people use ice cream cones (the pointy ones) wrapped in fondant or gp and then decorate them.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 9

I made one and used two cake cones for the towers (glued end to end) with a sugar cone for the turret.

If you're interested, it's in my pix-close to the end-maybe even on pg.2.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:56am
post #4 of 9

I've used cones for the tops of the towers. I've used rice krispy treats for the towers with the cones on top.

skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 11:04am
post #5 of 9

I've also used ice cream cones. The kids love them.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 11:40am
post #6 of 9

You can just use fondant too. I made whimsical turrets for my towers and used fondant. Youtube has a few videos on it which is where I found the idea.

mysticalcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysticalcakes Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 9

You could also use candy melts. You can use parchment paper to make a cone, tape it together securely, and melt the candy & pour in. Pop in the freezer to dry. This will work as long as the cake will not be in a humid or hot climate. Those things melt SO fast in humidity or heat.

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 9

I use icecream cones or card stock poster board for the larger and smaller ones. Then cover in fondant.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 9

pink cake box has a you tube video of them making a castle cake, especially the turrets. I remember it looked super easy. Search on you tube for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%