My Big Mouth-Cheescake Flavored Cake???

Baking By CakeMommyTX Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 10:44pm by llbesq

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 14

So a customer wanted a topsy turvy cheesecake, real cheesecake. I said I could'nt do it but could do a cheesecake flavored cake, I figured I've done caramel, cotton candy and cinnamon roll so cheesecake should'nt be too hard, just another flavored cake.
Nope my it tastes just like white cake, I little firmer but white cake none the less.
I basically use the WASC recipe with a box of pudding added for all my cakes, only change flavor and eggs as needed.

For this cake I used white cake w/ a box of cheesecake pudding and cheesecake flavoring.

Should I switch the sourcream for creamcheese and add more flavoring?

Cake is for Sat. I baked Wed. and let it rest over night hoping the flavor would develop, I've notice my other cakes always taste better the next day, but this one still tastes like a really rich white cake.

13 replies
sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 14

I would definitely add cream cheese to the cake mix.

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 14

Try replacing the sour cream for some of the ready to use cheesecake filling that comes in a tub. It's delicious in the cake and as a filling. I've used all three in one cake: cheesecake pudding mix, cheesecake flavoring, and cheesecake filling. They even have key lime flavor. Got rave reviews.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 14

I havent tried this recipe but i have tried a few of the recipes on this page and they are delicious. There is a cheesecake one on there that might help.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 14

so I can use the cheesecake filling and pudding mix and it won't make too heavy of a cake?
do I just measure out 1 cup of the filling to replace the one cup of sourcream?

CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 14

OMG thank you for that link! I'm going to send a pm to MacsMom and ask her about that recipe. Thanks again!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 14

I was going to suggest MacsMom too! There haven't been any recipes of hers I've tried that we haven't loved! Haven't tried the cheesecake yet though....will you let us know what you think of it if you end up using it? Thank you!

Christine

PS I sent you a PM a few days ago...I know sometimes people aren't notified when they have messages in their inbox. Could you at least let me know if you got it? Thanks!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 14

As long as the cake has a vague cheesecake flavor, and you put a nice cheesecake filling inside, the customer won't know the difference... as long as they take a bite and taste the "cheesecake" from something in there, they'll be fine!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 14

Most of those recipies are really really good, but I have not tried the cheesecake one yet

CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:22pm
post #10 of 14

Well they want strawberry filling so I have to make sure the cake is super cheesecake flavored.
I pm'd MacsMom, I can't believe I have'nt seen that list before, I love the WASC recipe and it's versatilty, it's what I use in every cake so that list is a dream come true!

Callyssa, I'll check my inbox right now , I'm really bad about reading the pm's on my phone and then planning to respond later on the pc and never doing it.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:25pm
post #11 of 14

Oh, no problem! I just didn't know if you even knew there was something in there for you! Good luck with your cheescake-cake!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:35pm
post #12 of 14

I've used that cheesecake WASC recipe before. I think the baked cake has to be refrigerated...don't know if that would be an issue for you. The chocolate/cheese mixture is very rich and moist.

CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:42pm
post #13 of 14

Well the party is at a restuarant so it would be unrefrigerated for the ride there and the length of dinner but thats it, they are going to eat it as dessert, so 3 hours tops.
Even a real cheesecake would be ok for that, I think.

Was it really cheesecake flavored, enough to satisfy a cheesecake lover?

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:44pm
post #14 of 14

How about a Cream Cheese Pound Cake? I've had a police officer call my cream cheese pound cake "cake crack" before. You could always use a cream cheese filling as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%