Delivery Charge

Business By saberger Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 1:03pm by leah_s

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:59am
post #1 of 6

Do you charge for delivery? I have heard of biz that don't charge within a 25 mile radius, but then start charging (or something along those lines).

What are your policies?

5 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:04am
post #2 of 6

Abso-friken-lutely. AND I charge a flat rate WITHIN a 25 mile radius. After you go out of 25 miles, theres a per mile fee, BOTH ways. Usually everyone is within 25 miles, but it's for just in case. The fee is not just to cover gas, but for wear & tear on my car, as well as my time.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 6

May I ask what you charge?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:32am
post #4 of 6

Oh, I'm sorry, I did forget that part. $50. I would have to charge a $1.50 a mile after that.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:36am
post #5 of 6

I charge delivery by the per slice basis. They can buy the cake cash and carry, or they can pay the delivered cake charge. That way if its a big cake I'm paid more. It also includes setup, so it works for me.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 6

Basic delivery is $50. Mostly for the intown cakes. If it's literally with 4 blocks (2 venues) the charge is $40. After I cross the county lines, it's based on the size of the cake + the time it will take to set up + the distance. The longer I'm way from my kitchen to set up a big or complex cake, the more time I'm away from the location where I make money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%