Looking For Specific Cake Stencil...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 10:14am by Bunsen

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:08am
post #1 of 11

The cake I'm interested in is on the cover of a book featured on Gobal Sugar Art's ad.

It is a black and white two tier--stripes on top tier with black rose and ribbon---bottom tier has the black stencil I WOULD LOVE TO FIND!!! Anyone recognise it? Do you know where I can get it?

10 replies
CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:30am
post #2 of 11

it is a book or magazine??? i can't find it...

CbyA Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 11

Ok found it! It looks like an edible image also, I would like to know too icon_smile.gif

CbyA Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:37am
post #4 of 11

Ok found it! It looks like an edible image also, I would like to know too icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:07am
post #5 of 11

If it's on Global Sugar Art email Alan and ask him. I'm sure he will know what it is and if they carry it.

cocobean Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:45am
post #6 of 11

Thanks tiggy, I never thought about emailing them. thumbs_up.gif

cocobean Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:05am
post #7 of 11

I emailed Global and they said there were no directions for the cake on the cover, just a picture. icon_cry.gif

So...I'd still love to find out if anyone recognises the stencil and can tell me where to get it.

Thanks!

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:17am
post #8 of 11

Thats on an Australian magazine I usually buy - I haven't got that issue yet but when I see it I'll find out who made the cake...

Bunsen Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:31am
post #9 of 11

Ok, I checked out a couple of Aussie companies that usually have cakes in that mag and I found it...

It's made by Sweet Art - it was made to match their stationery so I suspect it is not a stencil you will be able to buy. Here is the link to the cake:

http://www.sweetart.com.au/gallery.php?cat1=cakes&cat2=wedding#

If you also look at their range of stationery you can get a better look at the pattern.

cocobean Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:35am
post #10 of 11

Thanks so much Bunsen! You are quite the detective detective.gif . You're a doll to find out that info for me. And thanks so much for the link. Very helpful! I did email them but I bet you are right that they don't sell the stencil, just the cakes with the design. I love their website though. I'll have to keep looking for something similar. I'd HATE to have to make my own. icon_cry.gif

Bunsen Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:14am
post #11 of 11

No worries cocobean! I think I may spend too much time looking at cakes as it only took me 5 minutes to find it icon_wink.gif

I have the magazine now so have seen the close up picture - looks like they hand painted the design then piped over some of it with royal icing, bit complicated and time consuming for my liking! Hope you find something similar for your cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%