You Know You're A Cc Addict When...

Decorating By CountryCakery4 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 4:43am by daisy1224

kseevers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kseevers Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:14pm
post #91 of 119

Instead of checking my email first thing, I have now gone to checking CC first thing when I get on the computer! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:24pm
post #92 of 119

lol cc is on my list of morning rituals. i check for email from hubby first.. then news, then facebook and here.. most of them usualy same time lol..

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:40pm
post #93 of 119

icon_lol.gif LOL it's the first thing you do when you get home from work!!!!! icon_wink.gif

pearlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlg Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:41pm
post #94 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

When you sit down at the computer with your early morning coffee, and you look at the clock and it's time for lunch.

HeHeHe icon_lol.gif that is so me
sat down at the computer in morning, after dropping son at school "just for 30mins" on CC 6hrs later still on CC, missed lunch and did not even realize.
Thank God DS had after school club on the day!!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:43pm
post #95 of 119

When you forget that you are the seeker in hide and go seek b/c you are replying to this post and then realize that your 3 year old has been hiding for about 20 mins now..... oops!!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:45pm
post #96 of 119

..you spend the last hour of every day at your office job surfing CC..not to mention the first hour of the day, oh, and maybe a peek before lunch, and then of course after lunch......

..you bought a used wireless laptop so you can carry CC with you from the kitchen to the family room to the bedroom...because the desktop in the den just isn't as convenient or close enough to the TV, because really, how can you watch cake shows AND surf CC without one!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:47pm
post #97 of 119

you know your an addict when you keep replying to This thread like me!! lmao

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:12pm
post #98 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

You know when ... the minute to get to work, you log onto CC, and then make sure no one else can see what you're doing. Oh, try to fit some actual work in there, too.

Yikessss!!! you've been watching me???!!! LOL, LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:16pm
post #99 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

you bought a used wireless laptop so you can carry CC with you from the kitchen to the family room to the bedroom...

OMG, you ladies know me???!!!!! I actually bought a brand new wireless laptop LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:50pm
post #100 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

you bought a used wireless laptop so you can carry CC with you from the kitchen to the family room to the bedroom...

OMG, you ladies know me???!!!!! I actually bought a brand new wireless laptop LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif OMG my husband bought a used laptop for my son to use for games etc... but i have to confess it has been taken over by me. It sits nicely perched on the armrest of my couch. So now i can have the computer logged on and ready to check CC whenever I'm watching tv and there is a commercial etc.. My DH is always commenting on how much i am on it while on the couch. I never thought i could be on CC more than i was before the laptop..now it's really outta control.. icon_smile.gif So all day long i go from the 'office' computer to the couch computer....I'm embarrassed to admit i am officially addicted to CC. I can relate to just about every person additions to this post. icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:12am
post #101 of 119
Quote:
Quote:

It sits nicely perched on the armrest of my couch

That is exactly how I sit every day. DH always asks me if I'm in cake land again!

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:21am
post #102 of 119

. . . when you have to race to work every day because you have to look at "just one more cake"!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:25am
post #103 of 119

You know you are addicted when you get home from the gym all stinky and sweaty,and instead of showering you log on to CC to see what you missed in the past 3 hours!!

kanwal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwal Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:03am
post #104 of 119

I have wasted my entire prep time at school looking at cake pics and forum posts. I have 3 hours of marking to do on my own time this weekend!!! People think I'm diligently doing my work, little do they know....icon_smile.gif)

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:38am
post #105 of 119

OMG! I can't believe that I forgot about this one...

....when its OK that you have to be admitted to the hospital b/c they have wifi and you have a laptop!!

AnnaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnaJo Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:08am
post #106 of 119

..when you sent an hour reading everyone post and lol because you do the same thing. Start and end the day with CC, and don't do much in the day because of CC. And when people call you don't want to talk to them because your busy reading forums, looking at recipes and new cake pics.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #107 of 119

I must say I just joined CC a few weeks ago and I am addicted. Is it bad that I pushed Ignore when my grandmother called because I was too busy watching a Tutorial. icon_smile.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #108 of 119

You know how badly you need to pee first thing in the morning? I sometimes rush to my PC before I pee... just to be sure CC is still there!

CountryCakery4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryCakery4 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:20pm
post #109 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

I must say I just joined CC a few weeks ago and I am addicted. Is it bad that I pushed Ignore when my grandmother called because I was too busy watching a Tutorial. icon_smile.gif

Hee hee! icon_lol.gif Nope! I've done the same thing!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:04pm
post #110 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GCakes

You know you're addicted when you name your dog WASC.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
This is totally hilarious!!!!!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:59pm
post #111 of 119

Honestly, I have many hobbies and I'm not addicted to any of them like I am to caking! What is it? I can only equate it to what I think it would be like being addicted to crack. I think about cakes all day at work, I go to sleep thinking about cakes and I wake up thinking about cakes - what has happened to me? Where do I sign up for the 12 step program? Does Wilton offer one?

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:26pm
post #112 of 119

You know that you're a CC addict when you have to get a privacy screen for your work monitor because you don't want anyone else to know that you're not working, but you're on CC instead. Alt tab button on the computer is the most used bottons to get back and forth between CC window and work programs.

Destinys_Delights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destinys_Delights Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:50pm
post #113 of 119

I know I am a CC addict When I need to start working on two cakes but I am typing this post right now. icon_redface.gif

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 10:26pm
post #114 of 119

When you are actually relieved that there aren't any new posts or pictures since the last time you checked....now you might actually get something done lol icon_wink.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 10:35pm
post #115 of 119

When you check CC trillions of times a day...checking for new photos and talking to your cyberfriends more than you talk to real people.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:32am
post #116 of 119

....when u wake up one morning and get your gluten free toast slices ( icon_cry.gif ) and find they look like oven mitts, so you decide to post them on CC LOL
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 3:30am
post #117 of 119

That's hilarious Elise icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cakeordeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeordeath Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:16am
post #118 of 119

When you decide that you have to make an entire edible room in your house to try all the new things youve learn from CC. Because none of your non computer friends believe it can be done, but the CCers know better. And when you realize that you can only have 48 windows open at one time on your computer icon_redface.gif because you have to check every suggested link in all the post your reading at once.

daisy1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy1224 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:43am
post #119 of 119

....you decide that, after years of insisting you need at least 8 hours of sleep to even function, that all of the sudden, you only need 6! Why waste time sleeping when you can spend 2 more hours on CC?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%