Help!!!!!lace Embroidery On A Buttercream Wedding Cake!!!!!!

Decorating By nesha Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 6:59pm by nesha

nesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesha Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 7

Ok CC, I have a wedding to do in Dec. an the at 1st the bride wanted a quilted design on her buttercream covered cake but now she wants it to look like the bodice on her wedding dress.......I HAVE NOOOOOO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS ON A BUTTERCREAM covered cake, I need help an ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS.......THANKS oh......... the main color of the cake will be Ivory an the accents are deep red an burnt orange, so I was thinking if I used a template etc then have the design be either in the red or orange....what do you all think, It will be a square cake with cupcakes for 175 ppl an I was thinking about MAYBE doing mini cakes......still not sure because I'm just now learing how to do these. I can't post pics of the mini's that I did because the megapix is toooo high so you can go to my page an check them out ( the mini cakes) an give me your input, THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 7

If the lace can be fondant you can get molds to make the lace. If not all you can do is pipe the lace or tell her it's not something you can do.

nesha Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:16am
post #3 of 7

Can I put a fondant mold on buttercream an not have to worry about it falling off?????????

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesha

Can I put a fondant mold on buttercream an not have to worry about it falling off?????????

Yes, you can do that as long as it isn't sugper heavy.

nesha Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 7

hmmmmm...............ok, thanks!!!!!! i'll try that

Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:34am
post #6 of 7

does she want the lace to be white or a colour? You could buy lace and use that to make an imprint on the buttercream after it has crusted and then use royal icing and outline the pattern which will make it stand out. If she want a colour for the lace you can air brush with the lace on the buttercream. I have never done this so it's only a thought.

nesha Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 7

YES she does.........the cake will be covered in Ivory buttercream an I'll have to incorporate either the off red or burnt orange for the lace, I'm thinkin I'll do off red an then the burnt orange for the border

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%