Has Anyone Ordered From Cakesmade Easy.com

Decorating By Sweet_Treats_1 Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 6:25pm by Uniqueask

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:37am
post #1 of 23

Has anyone ever purchased the video download book from cakesmadeeasy.com?? Came across this site and was wondering if it is worth the price. TIA

22 replies
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 23

ANYONE????

hunzz71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunzz71 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 23

I have the video and really like it. I think it is a good tool for people who are starting out with decorating and for people looking for refreshers on certain techniques. I didn't pay full price for mine because I am a member of the Yummy Arts website and got a discount for being a member. There are a lot of great recipes that come with it too. HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 23

Their videos are actually quite good. If you're a visual learner they would be a great help.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 23

Are the videos equivalent to Wilton classes or are they more advanced(assuming any of U have taken the Wilton classes) icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 23

Why don't you try to look up videos on youtube first before buying this...I have a cousin who sells this kind of stuff, and I hate to say it, but the information can probably be found for free in other places online.

My cousin sells all kinds of ebooks that he just randomly writes, and makes a ton of money from it (He just bought a Lamborghini, I am not kidding). He lives to take people's money...If you do a search on youtube I know that there are a lot of cake decorating how-to videos on there that might be helpful (and free.) I'm not sayig that this video isn't good for basic stuff, I'm just trying to save you some money.

CestDuGateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CestDuGateau Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 23

I'm a member of Yummy Arts too, and they have a lot of great video tutorials. They have several that contain basic cake decorating info and are really great as reference materials because you can go back to specific skills or topics as often as you like. They also offer lots of videos for specific cake projects. thumbs_up.gif

Christy

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Why don't you try to look up videos on youtube first before buying this...I have a cousin who sells this kind of stuff, and I hate to say it, but the information can probably be found for free in other places online.

My cousin sells all kinds of ebooks that he just randomly writes, and makes a ton of money from it (He just bought a Lamborghini, I am not kidding). He lives to take people's money...If you do a search on youtube I know that there are a lot of cake decorating how-to videos on there that might be helpful (and free.) I'm not sayig that this video isn't good for basic stuff, I'm just trying to save you some money.

Tell your cousin to give me a call.(haha) icon_wink.gif Seriously Thanks for the info!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Tell your cousin to give me a call.(haha) icon_wink.gif Seriously Thanks for the info!

Yeah, every now and then I wonder why I'm not doing what he's doing and enjoying the same kind of $$$, but then I think about how I'd feel taking all the suckers' money. My other cousin's husband said "There's a sucker born every minute, and G--- is going to make sure he finds every one of them." That about sums up his business plan!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:38pm
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CestDuGateau

I'm a member of Yummy Arts too, and they have a lot of great video tutorials. They have several that contain basic cake decorating info and are really great as reference materials because you can go back to specific skills or topics as often as you like. They also offer lots of videos for specific cake projects. thumbs_up.gif

Christy

I just joined today and was wondering if it is worth the $20 a month.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:39pm
post #11 of 23

They send me emails all the time trying to get me to join. If you watch the sample videos you can basically get the idea on how to do it. But i feel i would learn more just from the tips and advice i get on CC. I think it was expensive to join, like $20 a month , but I could be really wrong about the cost.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:46pm
post #12 of 23

I learn so much on you tube tutorials, and its free.........

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:50pm
post #13 of 23

You might want to check out this thread, right here on CC:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=654103&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

RYLAN compiled a huge list of tutorials for us!

thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:58pm
post #14 of 23

I have a number of their DVDs but they're always bugging me to join and quite frankly I've found everything they offer free on other sites (most notably right here on CC)! The one gal told me it was worth it for me to pay to join so I could get discounts but if you think about it -- there's no discount if you have to pay for the discount! icon_confused.gif But I've enjoyed their DVDs on how to do various specialty cakes and some of their instructors are quite good but some really aren't (to the point where they should NOT be doing videos!) You might look at YouTube but they only have small snipets on youtube so it will be harder to tell if you like them or not.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:28am
post #15 of 23

I have never even heard of them. But I will say - you can find so many tutorials right here on CC and there are lots of free video's on YouTube etc.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:40am
post #16 of 23

I am familiar with Yummy Arts but I was wondering if any one has downloaded the e-videos from cakesmadeasy.com They are not the same as Yummy Arts but they do have a link to the yummy arts on their website(heck they may be the same people) Thanks for all the response

Mme_K
thanks, I saw the forum post earlier from Rylan, Really good links, so I really am wondering if the $37.77 from cakesmadeeasy is worth it...

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

I am familiar with Yummy Arts but I was wondering if any one has downloaded the e-videos from cakesmadeasy.com They are not the same as Yummy Arts but they do have a link to the yummy arts on their website(heck they may be the same people) Thanks for all the response

Mme_K
thanks, I saw the forum post earlier from Rylan, Really good links, so I really am wondering if the $37.77 from cakesmadeeasy is worth it...

I think I'd go through the links Rylan listed first.... there are more throughout the thread, too. It looks like it covers an awful lot of topics.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:25pm
post #18 of 23

i too, am a member of yummy arts.. have also in the past bought the e-videos from cakes made easy.. cookies made easy. and candy made easy. they are the same people.. if you will look in the store and library of yummy arts.. you will see. my computer crashed last year. and i lost the all made easy videos. oh well.. i love cake central. i love baking911.. i love youtube,etc.. i been decorating 14 years . and still learn.. we can never stop learning. hth

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:37pm
post #19 of 23

You can find everything for free on the net. Also books and CC icon_biggrin.gif Most of the great work is just alot of practice with some basic skills. I find great recipes on the internet as well thats why I have stopped myself from buying anymore cook books (my weakness) icon_rolleyes.gif

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:10pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

i too, am a member of yummy arts.. have also in the past bought the e-videos from cakes made easy.. cookies made easy. and candy made easy. they are the same people.. if you will look in the store and library of yummy arts.. you will see. my computer crashed last year. and i lost the all made easy videos. oh well.. i love cake central. i love .. i love youtube,etc.. i been decorating 14 years . and still learn.. we can never stop learning. hth

In your opinion were the e-videos worth the price from cakes made easy.. cookies made easy. and candy made easy. Are they basic like wilton classes or is it more in depth??? Could I get the same stuff for free on the internet?? Many ??? I know. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions!

CestDuGateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CestDuGateau Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:48pm
post #21 of 23

I would say that the cakes made easy and cookies made easy videos are comparable to a basic decorating class. Some of their other videos have more advanced techniques and methods. One of their main instructors in the more difficult videos is Susan Carberry who is just completely amazing! She is so creative and a wonderful teacher! They have all kinds of different videos for all different skill levels and all the instructors are very knowledgeable and creative.

As far as whether it's worth the $20 per month, I guess that's more of a personal thing. Like others have said, you can probably get most of the same kinds of information here on CC or other places on the internet. I do like the site though, and it's worth it to me to pay the monthly membership fee. Between CC and the Yummy Arts site, I definitely spend the majority of my time on CC just due to the sheer volume of information available here. You could always try it out and cancel if you find it is not worth it to you.

Hope that helps...

Christy

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CestDuGateau

You could always try it out and cancel if you find it is not worth it to you.

Hope that helps...

Christy

Thanks

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 6:25pm
post #23 of 23

I just joined and am still on their 30-day trial, I have been enjoying a lot of their video tutorials, I bought two videos from them and are interested in buying more, I am more of a visual learner, To me it is worth the 20 bucks a month, I probably waste more $ doing other things, I am not sure if I am going to continue but I still have time. To me you learn more on CC, but I have also been on here for one year verses being on their site for only two weeks, I love Susan Carberry she is a great teacher, maybe you should do the trial Period and check it out.

Also if you have downloaded videos from them before you can now pay $5 and get it on DVD. I can't remember which member said her computer crashed, and she lost the videos you may want to check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%