How Early Do You Decorate For Christmas?

Lounge By Rylan Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 8:28pm by 7yyrt

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:01pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I started leaving out ours until Jan 6th (which is my wedding anniversary!) because I heard that is the Christian end to the season, called The Epiphany. Kind of neat-an excuse to leave them up longer.

My MIL sets up around the Christian calander and doesn't take her stuff down untl after Epiphany.

The reason I leave my stuff up until January is because that's when my family gets together to celebrate the holiday. All but two of us have young children and it's easiest to have Christmas Day at home and get together later. It's also a way to ensure that we all get together every year since only one of us doesn't have in-laws.

This year we have to celebrate really late, my oldest has a science fair trip the second weekend, one of my brothers is on call the next weekend and my BIL has guard the weekend after. The only weekend everyone can do it is the very last weekend of the month.

I will probably take everything down a couple weeks before we go since it is so late, normally it gets left until we get home but it wil lbe late.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:14am
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

When my husband and I were young we were backpacking and spent Christmas in Australia. I have pictures we took of ourselves on a totally deserted Queensland beach BBQing shrimp. Also got the car bogged down in sand and had to dig it out with a wok! Now THAT was a Christmas to remember!!

Ha! Ha! That sounds EXACTLY like an Aussie Christmas and has given me a good giggle! The deserted beach must have been up north because the beaches from the Sunshine Coast down are packed at that time of year! The only reason the others tend to be deserted is that it is just too hot to be out there!

And I feel your pain with the bogged car. I can't tell you how many times we had to dig our car out when I was little! It's best not to travel alone on those beaches so you always have someone to tow you!

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:57am
post #33 of 35

We decorate our home a day after Halloween icon_smile.gif. It is sooooo true that Filipinos decorate early September and has like Christmas countdowns already like 100 something days to go before Christmas. icon_biggrin.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:02pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I started leaving out ours until Jan 6th (which is my wedding anniversary!) because I heard that is the Christian end to the season, called The Epiphany. Kind of neat-an excuse to leave them up longer.

For anyone more interested in this date, Epiphany is marked 12 days after Christmas, January 6, which celebrates the manifestation of the Christ child to the Magi. In the Catholic church, the Mass celebrating epiphany is usually the Sunday before if January 6 does not fall on Sunday.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:28pm
post #35 of 35

I have our giant Halloween display out from October 1st until the 31st. It comes down after dark Halloween night, and only the fall-themed bits stay out until Thanksgiving, when they slowly turn into snow men etc.
I love our morphing decor... an October ghost morphs into a November scarecrow which morphs into a December snowman that melts away in early January.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%