What Next?!?!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 4:21am by prterrell

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 9

1st: I was enjoying a double sized mug of hot tea with cream and stevia whilst on CC earlier today, when I managed to knock said mug off of the end table, whilst still 1/2-2/3 full. Mug didn't break but carpet got a good soaking. Soaked through 5 tea towels and 1/2 roll of paper towels and got pretty much all of the tea up, but carpet is stained. I have Resolve carpet foam on it right now. icon_mad.gif

2nd: Whilst baking the 20 doz cookies I need to take to the soup kitchen tonight, I bumped the side of my right forearm against the edge of a baking sheet fresh out of a 375 deg oven. Treated burn appropriately, but am still left with a good 3 inch long welt. I can tell already that it will scar. icon_cry.gif

I have to leave for the church in an hour, still have to glaze and pack the last of the cookies, which are in the process of cooling. I'm about to jump in the shower. Somewhere in there I need to finish messing with the carpet, too. dunce.gif

I know things come in 3's. So now I ask: 'What next?!?!"

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 9

Well, don't "jump" in the shower, just "step" in carefully icon_lol.gif We want you to avoid #3. icon_lol.gif

Better luck the rest of the night!

prterrell Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 9

LOL. Thanks! Everything went great at the soup kitchen, all of the "guests" loved the cookies, they don't get home baked foods very often, so the 2 times a year my church does their dinner, I make a point of baking cookies for them. I'm home now and relaxing on CC. icon_smile.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:01am
post #4 of 9

Oh, poor you! I'm glad it worked out for you at the end!

I had such a day about 2 yrs ago. Went to the laundromat and there was one person who was using all 15 machines (??). She was just filling them, so I knew it would take almost an hour. I was so upset, I went home to take a coffee break. I managed to spill my coffee onto my cellphone. I did not have a landline at the time, so I had no phone. My brother's bar mitzvah party was that night (that's why I was so upset that the laundry wasnt being done early in the morning), and I had gained more weight than I thought - I was 4 months pregnant- so I didnt fit into my dress. and i broke some of the cookies i had made, i wanted to stay home. but it was beautiful anyway, and noone remembers the bad parts..

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:44am
post #5 of 9

Next time you get a burn, make some of your tea, very concentrated, and add some ice to make it cool. Then either make a compress with the tea and apply to the burn or just soak the burn in the tea. The tanin in the tea takes the hurt out of the burn and usually it will not even blister. If it is a small burn, you can just wet a tea bag and apply to burn. It works!!

prterrell Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedancer

Next time you get a burn, make some of your tea, very concentrated, and add some ice to make it cool. Then either make a compress with the tea and apply to the burn or just soak the burn in the tea. The tanin in the tea takes the hurt out of the burn and usually it will not even blister. If it is a small burn, you can just wet a tea bag and apply to burn. It works!!

Really? That's neat! I ran my arm under cool (not cold) water for like 5 minutes then put aloe vera with lidocaine on it and a bandage over that to protect it. It really didn't hurt (until I took a shower - hot water on a burn = ouch!) after that, I'm pretty sure between the water and the aloe that I got all the heat out of it. I have very sensitive skin and scar from the lightest of scratches, fortunately, that means I keep mederma on hand!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:41am
post #7 of 9

I just have to say that the use of the word whilst was cracking me up. I hope your day got better.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

I just have to say that the use of the word whilst was cracking me up. I hope your day got better.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! Me too! I loved it! Girl, go have a shot of Patron...or Belvee's. It always make me feel better. icon_wink.gif

prterrell Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:21am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

LOL. I didn't even think about that being odd. Comes from reading WAY too much Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy. icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! Me too! I loved it! Girl, go have a shot of Patron...or Belvee's. It always make me feel better. icon_wink.gif

I did have a nice lovely glass of red wine with dinner last night. thumbs_up.gif

My arm doesn't hurt today, but the burn does look right ugly, this big dark pink line on my pale, pale skin. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%