Airbrushing 'rules'

Decorating By saberger Updated 2 Jan 2014 , 3:28am by tinkybellcmd

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #31 of 38

After reading all of this (especially the air conditioning problem) I think I'll take my airbrush and set up a table outside!

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 7:31pm
post #32 of 38

I saw a post on here a couple of weeks back that someone cleaned their airbrush by taking 1 Denture cleaning tablet and dissolving it in some water. She would run it thru the color reservoir and also spray her airbrush into the bowl (creates a lot of bubbles). Then just run clean water thru it and blow it out. If she needed to do a deep cleaning she's disassemble her airbrush and soak in the liquid...just remember exactly how it goes back together and don't bend the point of the needle!

I have started using this technique this past week and it works great!

UberSpoonyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UberSpoonyG Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:40pm
post #33 of 38

oops, I had wronge blogspot on my signature!! its corrected now!

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 5:35am
post #34 of 38

My airbrush is still sitting in its box.. Has been for 2 years now but after reading these ideas. I think Im gonna break it out of its pkg..

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:38am
post #35 of 38

I tried the trifold box with a plastic table cloth over top of it.............and I still have color everywhere...........I would love one of those boxes they sell but wow they are expensive....over 500...........cakesafe I think made it...........so I dont know what to do next....also used a face mask and I could not believe it did not help lol............my chest hurts after too, not a good sign huh

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:30pm
post #36 of 38

Hi there, I just wanted to chime in here! I own one of the Air Brush Booths from cakesafe.com and it is a lifesaver. They are not $500, the one I have was $295. and worth every penny. It catches every bit of overspray. EVERY BIT. I don't wear a mask or anything when I use it. I get on a soapbox about their products because they are so worth what they cost. It saves me hours of cleanup. If you own an airbrush, this is a tool that is invaluable.

sunshine6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine6 Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 3:49am
post #37 of 38

AHow do i get purple to show up on black fondant with airbrush i was told sheen colors on top of the black fondant would work

tinkybellcmd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinkybellcmd Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 3:28am
post #38 of 38

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted....I am a beginner, I have an air brush kit that I have started "playing" with....All of these tips are great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%