Drying Fondant

Decorating By barbp5 Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm by tatorchip

barbp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbp5 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 4

Is there any way to make fondant pieces dry faster? I made some margarita glasses from fondant and I need them to dry hard. I made them a bit late so i was wondering if there was a way to dry them faster.

Thanks for your help
Barbara

3 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 4

Welcome to CC barbp5
I make mine with 50/50 fondant/gumpaste about the size of a baseball and add about 1/2 teaspoon tylose
after making the (whatever I am making) I put it in a shoebox and sit it on a shelf in my sewing room and in about 24 hours it is completly dry. If I paint it I just put it back another 24 hrs. HTH

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 4

I set my items (GP and Fondant) in front of a low fan and will turn them from time to time. If you have a room with a ceiling fan that would work too but my 18 mo old grandson absconded with my remote and we can't find it now. hee hee

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyhendry

I set my items (GP and Fondant) in front of a low fan and will turn them from time to time. If you have a room with a ceiling fan that would work too but my 18 mo old grandson absconded with my remote and we can't find it now. hee hee

I also agree about the fan and little boys gotta love em (I have a 4 Yr old GS) lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%