Caution, Idiot Ahead With A Math/geometry Question.

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 4

Just how many servings do you lose out on when you taper tiers? Not topsy turvy tiers, standard height.

For example, when you taper an 8" down to a 6". Anyone? You go from 24 wedding servings to_____?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 4

Fewer icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 4

Bwuwhahahahaha~~

No but generally the servings are determined by the footprint of the cake so what does a 6" serve? like 14 or something? So like 14 ish huh?

But you often have over-sized servings too so you might can get additional servings but they are wonky sized. I mean it's awkward though.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

Lol...yeah, fewer for sure! I was thinking along those lines, like the footprint of a six, and maybe that's just the way to do it. But then again, not really, cause about half way up the tier, now you're getting back to servings for an 8....lol, yikes!

I'm thinking split the difference. If an 8 serves 24, and a 6 serves 12, I'd say the tapered 8" serves 18. I think I'll run with that. Or not.

So, cutting an 8 the traditional way, that is now the size of a 6".....sheesh. Hell, let their servers figure it out and feign outrage over them not knowing how to cut and serve a tapered tier when I hear back from the bride....bwawhahaha. Just kidding. Ok. I'm not any farther than I was 5 minutes ago. Ack!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%