We Have The Keys To Our New Shop!!

Business By steph_78 Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm by Tiffany29

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 11

Well, after doing just cakes for a few months now and getting a good clientele, I have decided to team up with a friend of mine and open a complete bake shop. We live in a small city and there are only 1 or 2 other shops in town except for the local grocery stores. we are going to focus on diabetic and regular baked goods. We are also going to offer gluten free baked goods upon request. I have alot of repeat customers and have been getting nothing but good response. I have been set up in a shop with someone else's business and it is time to move on in order for expansion of the business. The cake business was started out only as a part time thing but has just grown to much for myself to do. I have been doing an average of about 8-10 cakes a weekend. That is alot for myself to do when I have a almost 3 yr old and a 14 month old so I only work when my husband gets home from work and can take over the home duties lol. Anyways, we are going in today to the shop to do a big clean and fill some screw and nail holes and possilbly paint. I want to be open full force by the second week of October. Does anybody have and ideas or suggestions for a new business owner? lol icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 11

congratulations, hope you the best and just enjoy your shop

tonyas_jewels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyas_jewels Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 11

how exciting!! I wish you all the best

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 11

I can't tell you how very excited I am for you and your family! I wish you the greatest success and happiness! Be sure to post some pics of your new shop, we would all love to have a peek!

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 11

Congratulations!! So very exciting.

My recommendation .. when the customer opens the door the aroma should have them pulling out their debit card/credit card/cash. I've been in bakeries that just didn't entice me, bought water and left.

Coffee brewing, something.

All the best to you, I wish you more success than you ever dreamed is possible.

steph_78 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you all. We will post before/after pics for sure. Yes, the decor is going to be a big factor for our shop. We want it to make the customer feel like they are in the best shop and feel very comfortable when they walk in.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:16pm
post #7 of 11

Congratulations! best of luck to you.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 11

i bet you are gonna do great with the sugar free stuff! i get so many phone calls for it...i don't do it tho...that stuff is so hard to find.

good luck!

what colors are you using in your shop?

CupcakesbyDana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakesbyDana Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 11

I wish you both much success!! icon_biggrin.gif

steph_78 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you all. Today we were able to get all the walls primered and moved some of our things over. Back at it tomrrow for painting. We did take some before pics too lol.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 11

Soo exciting!! Congratulations and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%